I need help with an I.D.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello ratroders,
I have someone wanting to buy a tire from me, I've only said anything about it here on Ratrod. His name is Nicolas he's from Europe, his E-mail is [email protected]. Does anyone here know him? I don't find an intro for any Nicolas. Please help if you can.

Thanks
Dos cruiser

I know you don't have to have an account to read post. He did e-mail me direct and yes I may have posted my e-mail on here more than once.
Ok, here's the story. Bicyclerick showed a pic of his orange krate and the orange tire he picked up at swap, I posted back and that I had 2 more and a red one. then about 3 or 4 day later I got an e-mail asking me if I want to sell an orange tire, he said his name was Nicolas and he was from Europe and he traveled to the U.S. on bussiness from time to time. Then he said he maybe in Cal. at the end of June, we e-mailed back and forth a few times and I told him I don't want to send it to Europe. Then he e-mailed me and he was going to be in N.Y. and that I could send the tire there if I was more comfortable and he would receive it there. So I ask him more about himself and I've not received anything more.

Well Nicolas just e-mail me again wanting me to sell him my tire, He read my post on here but didn't give me any info on himself. I figured out he is from France because he sent his message from his
I- phone. So I'm opting not to sell my tire to him. Thanks for all of the input.

dos cruiser

Very likely a scammer, or phishing for some kind of info on you.

Most people, even from far off countries, if they are legit they are right up front about what they need, where it should be shipped, and how to pay.

When you have to go back and forth several times about something as simple as a single bike tire, it's probably a scam of some kind. Not always, and there are misunderstandings, but there are a lot of shady characters out there, and also some are simply looking to add real people like you and me to some email list.

--Rob

Well guys, maybe I prejudged Nicolas, but I do stand by my decision on my tire. I think this is a good example of why it's a good idea to have our location, etc., posted. This is what I received today:

Yes I'm a member on RRB and also on the schwinn forum and the musclebike forum
I'm 34 married with two kids and I live in France in Bordeaux ( south west of France)
I own 6 bikes now I all bought in the US cause they can't be found there
I own a swingbike ( I bought from Bikebuilder on RRB) and 5 muscle bikes like a 1976 stingray, a grey ghost, and orange krate(the one I need the tire for), and 2 black Friday krates
I have bought them from eBay seller that's why I spoke to you about a paypal payement which is the best way for me to buy things without problems. If I could be in the us that would be easier for me as well buy I have to act this way. I also bought many items from Lisa from MemoryLane classics
I guess you know all about me by now LOL.
Anyway I guess the tire will be sold at the swap meet so my bad your gain but if the tire is still available I'd more than happy to buy
Thanks nicolas

Le 28 mai 10 à 01:20, [email protected] a écrit :

Nicolas,

Are you a member on Ratrod? I looked for your Intro, but there are so many and you name had no hits. I know nothing about you or where you are from in Europe. I do not sell blindly to someone I don't know anything about and I'm really not in the habit of selling over the Internet. I'm really sorry, but I have a swap meet coming up and I believe I'm going to try and sell it there. Thank you for your inquiry, I don't mean to be an ... hole and I wish you the best of luck in your search.

Thank,
Don
=

I just want to tell everyone I found this Nicolas's Intro and there is nothing on it.
He joined this site on Jun.03,2009 and posted under the name of Nicovolant. He has one post and it's on fresh finds under Swap meet finds by Bicyclerick.

Just a heads up if he wants to buy from you. I'm now finished with this and hope he's not a scammer. I think if we work together we will not fall into a scam like this might of been.

Thank you,
Dos cruiser

Hi everyboby !
i'm quite surprised to find an entire post about myself, and honored as well !! LOL
sorry if i didn't make a perfect intro on the RRB website but as i said i'm most of the time on the schwinn forum and on ebay to find stuff for my bikes
as i said i bought all my bikes in the US cause they can't be found for a fair price here in Europe
Im a flight attendant working for a french airline company, that explains why i very often come to the US (and almost everywhere in the whole world), especially to NY

i've just brought back an Orange krate and still looking for a grasshopper tire of the same colour if you have one in stock
i'm not a scammer , have already bought parts from members (bikebuilder) here without ANY problems

sorry Don if i scared you with my PMs concerning the tire you own
nicolas

It's not that you scared me, but that you never answered direct questions or never put up an intro. I've decided to keep the tire and put it on a bike I've been planing of just cool parts (rat style). more later on this summer.

i each time answered your mails when you answered
for me an intro was not necessary to be on this forum and not that important to me
moreover i'm very often away from home to get time to post and when i'm home i'm more into taking care of my children and wife
anyway.........good for you if you could use that tire

thanks very much for your support!
this was the first vid i made when i bought the swing bike from you
i still have it of course plus a couple of more bikes (like the orange krate i needed the tire for.....)
i 'm coming back from Washington with a slick grasshopper in Blue that will go on the swing bike
i think that will match perfectly!

thanks again
nicolas

Back