I need help with ID, Reworked Schwinn?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6DC4C3A5-C2F5-4A8E-994A-1B1DBECC45AD_zpsbwqy1xte.jpg
A6ED8CC7-1B31-4EB7-9509-F3C6057B7031_zpsuavkfzge.jpg

8D013F78-1DF0-4925-99B1-7D8B38E4AFE9_zpsbpbfmikx.jpg

3C6FD701-9D7B-4139-A83C-009A80F21A42_zpshas78o35.jpg

Hi guys, I bought this bike because I liked the frame. the frame has some pinstriping that is badly faded but with a pretty decent Schwinn logo painted. The welds look like tig welds which lead me to believe it was either rewelded or started off as a completely different frame, than what it is now. I can't find holes on the front tube from rivets from a Schwinn badge or a serial number. It came with the matching blade fork that's made out of like 3/16" solid steel if that helps, please ignore the brown one in the pic, I forgot to swap it back before the pic Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Probably not a Schwinn...The dropouts don't look like it. The pinstripe on the seat tube usually came from bikes in the early sixties. Maybe an older industrial bike ? Cool frame to start a project though

I would guess Worksman also, but their dropouts always faced backwards I think. Everything else looks like Worksman. I also thought Emory, but the dropouts are a different design as is the frame. Trailmate is another industrial manufacturer, but it's the dropouts on your frame that don't match up with anything I've seen. It is similar to a Schwinn Heavy Duty also.
But it looks like a good solid frame.

Back