ID help

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy,

A good friend recently gave me this bike and I'm trying to find a bit of back story about it. I know it's a CCM but I'm unsure of the vintage. As I understand it from a little research I've done, the chain ring suggests pre war while the CCM 37 stamp on the coaster suggest post 1937. I've heard that the serials for these can sometimes be found up by the seat clamp. I removed the brush on paint on the rear side and found nothing. Someone in the past welded an ugly gusset on the front side of the seat tube so I have been unable to check there. I'm also wondering if the second top tube might be aftermarket? The welds look very professional unlike the gusset but there are no lugs. All the other connections on the bike are lugged. Would the second top bar not also be lugged? I also cleaned off the bottom bracket and found "B 4" stamped there and nothing on the dropouts. Any insight would be great and I'm also curious if you think I should try to restore it or if it would be sacrilege for me to strip everything off of it and slap in a happy times motor for some happy times?

Cheers,
Chris

ppp375.jpg

ppp379.jpg

ppp381.jpg

ppp389.jpg

Back