I'm In Love With A 'Stripper

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 90%
9   1   0
got this dragstripper frame on ebay. had some extra iverson parts laying around. used the freewheel and rear derailleur off of an iverson 26" roadbike, the chainring, handlebars and grips are off of a '69 sears spyder 24". bought the shifter from a member here (love it!). most of the rest of the parts came off of a girls dragstripper mini miss. got some new cable housing and cables from the shop and trhew some brake pads on. stripped most of the paint and wetsanded it and put the decals and stickers and cleared it. . . . . done.

I REALLY HATE WHEN PEOPLE DON'T RESPOND TO GREAT WORK!! GREAT JOB DUDE!! AND AS SOON AS YOU CHANGE THAT SEAT-BEAUTIFUL. LOL :lol: PEACE

I still have mine from when I was a kid. I guess I should drag it out and fix it up. Mine was purple with the 3 speed. Lots of good times on that bike.

highwheelerboy25 said:
Sweet! We'd like to see it!
I'll have to dig it out, and put all the right parts in one place. We did a lot of parts swapping back then, my brother and I. Luckily between our own bikes so all the parts are there, juts in the wrong places. We had fun.

i recently found the correct shimano shifter and will be installing it and the correct Iverson chainguard. i bought a girls iverson mini miss just for the chainguard and stripped the paint and repainted it poorly with some Krylon pumpkin orange and put the decals on and burned them slightly with a blowtorch and wet and dry sanded it with some 320 grit. then i sprayed the inside with white primer and taped it off and sprayed it with gloss black. after it dries im gonna wet and dry sand it too to age to match the rest. thats it for now.

Back