INDIANA SUMMER FREE SWAP MEET & SHOW

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just about a week away now. Does anyone know if the bicycle show will be like the winter one where they give out awards or will it be just to show your bikes off? I went to the one last year but forget how it was. Hopefully there are a lot of vendors this year.

RatMan here, The show will be "Peoples Choice" and we try to trophy about 5 deep if we have enough awards. Last year was our first year and we had about 20 vendors. The farthest distance traveled was Effingham, Detroit and possibly Cincinnati. I have not heard any negative feedback following last years event. Keep in mind that this is a FREE event and we will try to keep it that way as long as possible. It's just like any other flea market or swap meet--------------we can't do it without YOU!!!! BTW, we will actually have a Porta-Jon on site this year. Swap area opens 6 a.m. and spaces will be FCFS. See you-all there!!!!!!

Wasn't really so much asking a question caring about awards as I have a lot of bikes I wouldn't mind showing but know in no way would they ever win anything. So I was just asking that in a sense...

Krateness said:
Wasn't really so much asking a question caring about awards as I have a lot of bikes I wouldn't mind showing but know in no way would they ever win anything. So I was just asking that in a sense...

I kinda figured thats what you meant. I said what I said because I'm thinking more of the ice cream than anything else.

9 MORE DAYS!!!!

I've decided that I'm going to TRY to lighten my load while there. Here's what I'll be bringing IF all goes well. If you have any questions and/or want a pic, send me a PM with which bike and an email address.

MODS: If I need to add prices to these I will. I'm not trying to formally sell them but if I can, I will. If that makes sense.... :?

SCHWINN
'61 Flying Star
'62 Fleet (maybe)
'64 Stingray Fairlady
'66 Deluxe Twinn (maybe)
'69 Collegiate men's
'70 Stingray Fastback (maybe)

WESTERN FLYER
Early 60's Buzz Bike boy's frame
16" Buzz Bike Jr. cnvt or RamRod

HUFFY
60's? 12" kid's

AMF
60's? 12" kid's Junior

J.C. HIGGINS
60's 26" men's, lugged frame

SEARS
60's 20" Spyder frame
60"s girls 20" Spyder frame

MURRAY
60's Meteor Flite 24" women's
60's 20" girls bike

KENT
Midget bike--clown bike

WEST COAST CHOPPERS
Newer limited Ed 20" red chopper (maybe)

60's HERCULES (AMF) 26" men’s lugged frame

KALKHOFF women's luggedframe 1980's

BAJITAS 20" chrome boys bike (maybe)

The Strawberry Festival is within walking (or biking) distance. You will also want to visit the Cabages and Kings anique mall. Thanks for your inquiry, RatMan

rusty513 said:
Is the bike show in the same area as the strawberry festival or do you have to drive to the strawberry festival?

The main location for the festival looks to be Lane Place: 212 South Water Street Crawfordsville, IN 47933

The bike show area will be at 221 N GREEN ST CRAWFORDSVILLE, IN 47933

The Dari-Licious is at 1114 E. Main St. Crawfordsville, IN 47933

This way you can map it out. In exactly 1 week about this time, we'll be enjoying ice cream!! :D :D :D

http://thestrawberryfestival.com/

Chips_Mahoy said:
rusty513 said:
Is the bike show in the same area as the strawberry festival or do you have to drive to the strawberry festival?

The main location for the festival looks to be Lane Place: 212 South Water Street Crawfordsville, IN 47933

This way you can map it out. In exactly 1 week about this time, we'll be enjoying ice cream!! :D :D :D

Thanks, only a mile away

I was just in Crawfordsville about 2 hours ago showing Aaron where everything is. I dont think he cared much for anything except the Dari-Licious!! Go figure.... :wink:

rusty513 said:
Chips_Mahoy said:
rusty513 said:

Thanks, only a mile away

Here's the forecast for Saturday, as of now, from weather.com:

Day Jun 9 88°F
High
Sunny
Chance of rain: 0% Wind: SSW at 9 mph Humidity: 51% UV Index: 9 - Very High Sunrise: 6:18 am

Bring the sunscreen!!

Latest posts

Back