Industrial bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These bikes were donated to the Faith Mission after an employee at the local Mill wrecked one and broke his hand. Rumor has it there selling for $25, but I cannot confirm that until Monday when they reopen. I want the Summit Workhorse, or maybe one of the Schwinns.
Bikes from Mill at the Faith Mission

Schwinn

Summit Workhorse

Schwinns and SUNs

Those Schwinn H.D. have stainless steel fenders on them.If I remember correctly some sort of corrosion resistant industrial duty chain as well! Good stuff maynard! :mrgreen:

What they usually have is stuck seat posts and stems in the forks. Then the dummies sit on them with the kickstand down and rip the bottom tubes out. Took me a week to beat the seat post out of the last one I had. :cry:

Alrighty then, lets turn that frown upside down! And lets make some lemonade from those bitter fruits! If ya beat on it for a week ,then you got needed exercise and liked it too! Should be thanking those thick-headed riders! :mrgreen: Optomist=1/2 full, Pesimist=1/2 empty, Realist=half a glass. Guess its all in how ya look at it. Later& PEACE!!!!! :wink:

I guess your right , the skin that i knocked off of my nuckles grew back really soft and nice. The rest that formed scar tissue will be harder to knock off the next time. :D

Thanks for the encouragement fellas. I talked to someone at the mission this weekend and they are indeed $25. She said they'll reopen Tuesday and I can come pick out the one I want then. I like the frame on the Summit Workhorse, and my wife wants a Sun Industrial/Rental with those crazy big fenders.

I'm quite jealous! Those are some fabulous industrial bicycles... I'd take 'em all, if I had the space. And the time. And the money. Et cetera. :p

I picked up one of the schwinns yesterday during my lunch break. By that time all of the Sun's and the Summit Workhorse was gone. I picked up an Industrial Schwinn for me and a Huffy SantaFe for my wife. After taking the fenders off and removing the electrical tape grips, I spent the rest of the afternoon riding the thing. It rides great.
30prcntuc5.jpg

Could you only buy 1???
I would have them ALL. lol
Killer deal bro.
I have a HD and LOVE IT.

SquareAce said:
I picked up one of the schwinns yesterday during my lunch break. By that time all of the Sun's and the Summit Workhorse was gone. I picked up an Industrial Schwinn for me and a Huffy SantaFe for my wife. After taking the fenders off and removing the electrical tape grips, I spent the rest of the afternoon riding the thing. It rides great.
30prcntuc5.jpg

Shoot, a heavy duty Schwinn should not only ride great, it should last a lifetime.

Back