Info on my Murray Mercury Strato Line

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, just recently started getting into old bicycles and motorbikes, picked this dude up off of my friend (which I paid very well compared to what he stole it for...) Anyway, just curious what year it may roughly be, and what this bike in this shape may be worth. Not looking to sell at all, but it's fun to know anyway!

All I'm really gonna do with this is clean up some of the rust a little bit (at least the chain,) get a seat on it, and put some fresh cream-colored rubber on it and ride the heck out of it!

[URL=http://s143.photobucket.com/user/ledeeed/media/DSC01885.jpg.html] [/URL]

I've got a 1948 Murray built Higgins with a frame that looks the same as that.

I would say that could be anywhere from around 1948 to the mid-50's. Most likely 50's since I don't think that rack was earlier than that.

This is all just a somewhat educated guess.

Many Murrays have a date code stamped on the bottom of the bottom bracket tube... cough it up! :)

Find a worn black seat and some satin clear and DONE. This bike is in the 'patina zone', too much to restore, too little to strip completely. It's perfect as is. I like the idea of some cream tires, some Electra Vintage Diamonds would be bangin' on it.
Cheers,
Dr. T

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back