Interesting French thing

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this did a nice job of hitting their design intent. The DNA is obvious and they stuck to it. The lower loop in the frame is from a teens motorcycle frame. That is where the engine crank case sump would set. The rest has a lot of British/Italian Cafe Racer influence. The "Gas Tank" design DNA is from a Fritz Egli framed Vincent V twin. In his seat cluster I see the influence of the head tube area of the Norton Featherbed frame. I do not agree with all of the curves but it is not my design. I do more strongly disagree with the fork. I think it was purpose built for the bike but it still falls short of the rest of the design. Adding a straight fork to a curved frame is a mistake, as is using any mass produced low end Asian sourced item on a custom (these components are higher end stuff). This bike needed something designed after the Schwinn "Double Duty" fork circa 1938.

Overall this person shows a solid grasp of design and history with the ability to execute it at a high level (golf clap!).

sensor said:
im not gonna nit pick the design since they came up with something and made it..the reason the seat tube(s) look wrong is the seats way to high for such a compact frame....aside from that itd flow fairly nice(if it were mine id change 3 things but its not so i wont knock it since someone thought it up and took the time to make it instead of just shelling ca$h out and just bolting stuff on to it) any idea who made that one MadMick?

Found it here: http://cyclea.over-blog.com/

i like the look of it, though i'm not much into being hunched over an upright bike anymore (rather have the one uncle stretch posted). i think if it were mine i might experiment with turning the handlebars back up, and maybe trying a 24" front wheel and fork.

Id flip the bars and ride it, then Id have to put on a saddle more suited to a more upright stance too, but I am sure it would create a lot of conversation either way.
If you imagine a tall lanky chap used to drop bar bikes, on this as is, I think it would fit.

Back