intro and kids bike build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
First of all I would like to say that I have seen some really amazing bikes built on the site, there are definitely some talented builders here. I have been lurking for a few weeks soaking up al hte builds from the other threads and have learned quite a bit watching these bikes go together, thanks to all of the contributers here. A few weeks back I picked up a 26" cruiser that i want to build for myself with a springer fork and new paint etc, it was a garage sale find of 10.00.

Anyway, I saw this kids bike build and since i wanted to put together a new bike for my son since he has torn his up pretty good, I went diggin around for some parts bikes. Don't know if this fits the criteria for a RRKB build, but it was fun working on bikes with my kid and teaching him how they come apart and go back together. Btw, my name is Rob I live in Nashville and want to weld up a freak bike too

Here is what we started with
bikebuild01.jpg

Stripping the parts bike down, here is my son learning to take apart a chain
bikebuild02.jpg

Grinding off the chain guard brackets
bikebuild08.jpg

My sons turn to try the angle grinder
bikebuild04.jpg

New flat black paint
bikebuild05.jpg

reassembly
bikebuild06.jpg

at this point the sun was going down so I quit taking pics to get it finished before dark, but here is the finished product in action the next day
bikebuild07.jpg

Welcome. That last pic is super cool. How fun to take off on a ramp on bike you just built. way to go...

Very interesting workplace

hahaha! yeah the mini ramp needs a tune up now that it is getting warmer! I think we might try to do another 20" bike before the deadline, one where we cut up some frames since we got some more time. Gonna try and get some parts outa the local Rat Patrol, I'll post pics one we get going again. Thanks for the welcome guys

Welcome to Ratdom. Great to get the kids started early.

I like the pic of the jump. Now nobody will ask if you have any riding shots. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back