Intro from So. Cal. -

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats up Rat Rodders? I'm new here, checkin in from San Diego. First time buildin ol' school bikes, but definitely not the last.

I picked up what I think is a '40 Colson Standard Equipped Model 06260. As you can see from the pics she's gonna need some real help. Whats there is actually in decent shape, and I think I can have her in the wind again.

DSC00739.jpg

DSC00741.jpg

DSC00760.jpg

colson_model_06260.jpg

The horn tank is in good shape and when I cracked it open to see what was goin on inside I found, among other things, batteries...still in good shape,and check the date:

DSC00755.jpg

edit: sorry... :? tried to squeeze it so you can see the date (1943) click it for full size
What a time capsule!

I can't wait to hear a horn from 1940...You can see the rusty, cracked patina, you can touch the grips and feel the riding position, you can taste.....ooh no.....let's skip that one...but with this you can actually HEAR something from 1940. COOL!

Anyone knowing where I might find parts for this 'lil beauty hit me up. Any manufacturer & period correct parts will do. This model probably wasn't top o' the line, but I'll dress her up nice with Standard/Deluxe/Imperial model stuff to.
And if anybody can de-code the stamps on the bottom bracket it would be greatly appreciated.
DSC00778.jpg

Thanks,
low~N~slo

Thanks Rat Rod...nice to be here.

Just to clarify, that's a mirror behind the bike...there's only one stand & bike :lol:

Welcome :D You got your self a rat rod bike and a set of rat rod batteries :mrgreen:

Back