iRide Customs Board racer bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally done after sitting on the shop floor collecting dust for a long time.

http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a392/ ... IM1776.flv

HPIM1734.jpg

HPIM1752.jpg

HPIM1768.jpg

HPIM1782.jpg

HPIM1760.jpg

Incredible job on that bike...it looks beautiful.

Love your backdrop for the photos too....the flower shot is great.

Any chance we could see some video of this one in action? :D

She's perfect! I want one!

The details, like the gussets to give it a "pool rack" look, are World Class! ....NICE!

Its seems almost every day i see something new on this site and am amaized as how different it is. Your bike is one of the top 3 bikes i have seen. what a great job of style,retro ,color, and parts mixed togather. great bike . what motor did you use ?? 2 or 4 cycle ?? thanks for showing it. bartleydad

Two Words, 18 syllables... GA LORIOUS!!! (ok I failed math :mrgreen:). Seriously that is epically beautiful. Man, I would love to just try out a bike like that. But, don't kill me for being green, I personally would love to make something similar with an electric motor in its place... WAY OUT OF MY LEAGUE... but it would be fun!

Again... brilliant (stands up and tries to start the slow clap but no one looks interested). (sits back down).

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
amazing. video pleaz

Thanks guys!!
I originally wanted to put some boardtrack style turned down bars on it but my painter partner protested. Once we got it home after taking pics I swapped the bars to the turned downs...way better now! After my painter partner saw it with the new bars he admitted I was right about it needing them. I plan on making a few changes to it this weekend and we might add some more gold leaf to it soon as well. As for the engine, it's a 48cc Grubee round head 2 stroke.

I'll try to get some better more with a different camera so I apologize for the quality, but here ya go...
http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a392/ ... IM1776.flv

http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a392/ ... IM1779.flv

Oh man those videos rock. Seriously again an amazing bike. Do you mind me asking a few questions about it being a newbie bike builder?
What kind of braking system do you have on it? I can't really tell by the image but it looks like a drum brake (on the front or back)? Also, do you mind revealing your guesstimate at what it cost to build that bad boy? I'd really, really love to start picking up bits and pieces for a build I will save for later when I am more skilled with what I am learning.

Thanks iRide!

ZAMN said:
Oh man those videos rock. Seriously again an amazing bike. Do you mind me asking a few questions about it being a newbie bike builder?
What kind of braking system do you have on it? I can't really tell by the image but it looks like a drum brake (on the front or back)? Also, do you mind revealing your guesstimate at what it cost to build that bad boy? I'd really, really love to start picking up bits and pieces for a build I will save for later when I am more skilled with what I am learning.

Thanks iRide!

Thanks! I will get some better video quality soon.

The braking system is just a rear coaster brake which is sufficient but a front drum would be a little better. The look didn't lend itself to a front brake though. The bike was modeled after a 1920 Indian with a modern flair and the iRide gold leaf lettering on the tank is the same font they used then...I know, not too original but I just LOVE the old bikes. The forks will be black soon as well. My partner is bringing back to the shop on Friday evening and the mods should be complete by the end of the weekend.

As far as the cost for building one, the engines range anywhere from $200.00 to $300.00, mine was the $300.00 one. The Wheels were $100.00, tires $60, seat $30, cranks and sprocket $130, pedals $30, forks $50, other misc. stuff like chain, seat clamp, post, tubes etc... $70. As for the frame and tank materials I think it would be somewhere around $80-$100 for all the steel. The bungs were kind of spendy and the one way tank vent hose was $13. Thant's almost $900 just for the stuff. Can you put a price on fabrication time (the tank alone took over a week to design and build), emotional attatchment, paint and frame design work? I wouldn't want to think about it...LOL! Yes it's for sale...for the right price isn't everything?

Back