is $75 good for a Mongoose Beast fat tire bike?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys, I found a Mongoose Beast Fat Tire and I am planning on going to get it tomorrow... I felt like $75 for it was pretty good... from the pic it looks to be in pretty good condition.. a little dirty but nothing wrong with it.

00A0A_jOZxZA7wpLm_600x450_zpsm3jfkfb9.jpg

I was trying to go get it tonight but he is about 30 minutes from me so planning on going out tomorrow after work!

went and picked it up this morning before work! It's even bigger than I realized... now I can't wait to get off work to go play with it!

IMG_1222_zpsmmuh1qkm.jpg

I think that's the bike I saw on CL the other day,definitely a good price.

Yup that's what I saw,I live 30 miles south of Columbus. Can't blame you for buying it those bikes are pretty cool.

It looks almost new, with just the chain guard missing. I would check the bearings top to bottom for adjustment and lube. I had one just like that and it needed a lot of both right out of the box. The cranks were the most work, as the threads aren't the greatest, but will work fine.
Then a guy at work offered $150 for it and away it went.

Yeah, the guy said he mostly rode it around with his kids in the neighborhood. I'll have to go get more grease and lube, but just going straight into riding it feels smooth!

The crank threads in the frame aren't that great, a bunch were cross threaded from the factory. So be careful when pulling the cranks. I added a laid back seatpost I bought here from slowriderz and put a second hand chainwheel with 32 teeth instead of the factory 36 to gear it down a little.

Very fun bike to cruise around on. I went thru 2 of them. Good advice about the lube and adjust. You can also change the rear cog for about $5 to gear it down a bit. I think I went to 20 tooth without changing the chain. I liked 22 tooth best, but the stock chain is a couple links short. BTW: you got a killer price!

Back