Is the Muscle Bike Build Off Annual?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got my 700x28 pizza cutters on full standby alert. Let's make this happen! 🧰🪛🔧🔨

20220904_090010.jpg

"Skinny" means just that.
low rolling resistance on pavment, sometimes dangerous on gravel or with small rocks on pavement.

Even 700x38 c is approaching wide. A great size, good on gravel, but rolls OK.
I have a wheelset like that waiting, but that's not really "skinny"

The "idea" of a "skinny" BO sounds like a fun challenge, but it ought to stay "skinny".

27 x 1 1/4, 26 x 1 3/8, 700 x 30 c, or less. Or "sew ups" , if any of those survived .

So how about a "skinny" only, but then anything else goes , BO ?

Any frame, stock, cut up and "changed, or hacked.
Road, muscle, chopped or low rider.

Just an idea.

If we go with the three categories I'll probably be in with two builds:
"(never give up) Hope4muscle":
View attachment 207653

And I'll also might give the donor bike of that build a chance to become "Skinny'ma":
View attachment 207654
The build concept is already forming in my head (hence the name) and I have a very special "paint job" in mind. If we go traditional without a skinny category I'll save the idea for the next summer BO and focus on my kids bike.
Man, I'm already hunting for/scoring (non) bike parts for the skinny build...:crazy:

Man, I'm already hunting for/scoring (non) bike parts for the skinny build..
The "non bike parts" bike sounds like another idea for a BO.
It's been done, ya know, bedframes, toilets, lawnmowers, picknick tables and whatever.

But a decicated "non bike" bike build might mean 4 classes of BO, too many for one winter.

I still like the "skinny' with anything else goes class.

"Skinny" means just that.
low rolling resistance on pavment, sometimes dangerous on gravel or with small rocks on pavement.

Even 700x38 c is approaching wide. A great size, good on gravel, but rolls OK.
I have a wheelset like that waiting, but that's not really "skinny"

The "idea" of a "skinny" BO sounds like a fun challenge, but it ought to stay "skinny".

27 x 1 1/4, 26 x 1 3/8, 700 x 30 c, or less. Or "sew ups" , if any of those survived .

So how about a "skinny" only, but then anything else goes , BO ?

Any frame, stock, cut up and "changed, or hacked.
Road, muscle, chopped or low rider.

Just an idea.
The only problem there is that this is already an add on to an existing build off which is the annual muscle build (aka winter build off) we can't make up a bunch of categories and delineation

I say keep it simple. Sub 1.5" tire width, 26" or larger, everything else goes

The "non bike parts" bike sounds like another idea for a BO.
It's been done, ya know, bedframes, toilets, lawnmowers, picknick tables and whatever.

But a decicated "non bike" bike build might mean 4 classes of BO, too many for one winter.

I still like the "skinny' with anything else goes class.
Don't forget you guys are welcome to setup your own challenges at any time

https://ratrodbikes.com/forum/threads/how-this-works.23034/

No mini challenge today.
My time to spend on the 'puter today is used up.
I will be looking foward to seeing what the winter BO ends up as.

The only problem there is that this is already an add on to an existing build off which is the annual muscle build (aka winter build off) we can't make up a bunch of categories and delineation
So why not keep down on two, skip offroad for this year and do skinny instead?!
I say keep it simple. Sub 1.5" tire width, 26" or larger, everything else goes
What would that mean translated into metrics...? (sorry but to lazy to get out the calculator) :wink1:

So why not keep down on two, skip offroad for this year and do skinny instead?!

What would that mean translated into metrics...? (sorry but to lazy to get out the calculator) :wink1:
Technically it's 38.1mm but for the sake of blowing people's minds maybe 40 and under? Thoughts

Just checked on a sellers site:
40-622 equals 28x1,50" It's labeled as trekking-/city-tyre.
By looking at it on the ad pictures I still would consider it skinny, but right at the edge. So using this as a max sounds good to me.

Latest posts

Back