Is this a good frame for Ratification?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heck Yeah!!!! By "locking front end" he's talking about the picture of the headtube, on the right hand inside you can just make out a tab there. This tab is required to work with springers and truss forks that have a built-in locking mechanism, and you need the locking headset also. EDIT This tab will not interfere with anything if you don't have a locking fork or headset.

Note: I used a similar frame for my RBBO2 bike in my avatar

I wouldn't buy anything from this clown. He sent me an "NOS" part last week that was covered in dirt, rust, grease, tool marks, bends, you name it. I can stand a little ebay manipulation, but when I sent him a message asking "hey, what's the deal with this?" nada. No reply.

Take your chances...I won't make that mistake twice.

As it sits right now...50 clams shipped is a lotta cabbage for a bare frame.

Just my worthless opinion...

Seen them go for a lot more on the bay, $50 shipped is not bad for there if it's truly clean and straight. Something like that could very well end up over $100 shipped probably not much more though, or not. You just never know when someone has to have something. But heck the way Ben Bernanke and the Fed are printing money $50 buys you what $42 used to buy just last August.

Have at it,if yas think its worth it...

Im just thinking of the big picture.Whats it gonna cost to nickle and dime and piece it together to make a complete bike?

Im only trying to help,not offend.

"...Im just thinking of the big picture.Whats it gonna cost to nickle and dime and piece it together to make a complete bike?..."

you took the words right outta my pointy head.

I'm thinking to myself, "Here we have the Felt Red Baron, super cool, 24X3s, cool frame, paint, etc., basically a turn-key Rat. Price? $400 give or take. Then there's the home-made Rat: frame $50, wheels/tires $100, apes I want $100, powdercoat $100, seat, chain, sprocket, fork, another $100"

The home-made's easily over the turn-key's cost, right? But is it as cool as the home-made? Not to me.

And so the battle continues in my brain, like that Star Trek episode where the 2 guys, one right side black and left side white and the other vice versa. Battleling into infinity~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spin

Exactly!

Reminds me also of out of state elk hunting, you quickly realize you're definitely not in it for the cheap meat.

spinman said:
"...The home-made's easily over the turn-key's cost, right? But is it as cool as the home-made? Not to me.

There isn't a comparison. The Felt is a trendy piece of doo-doo. A 60 year old bike is a testament on wheels.

skoda pretty much is right on it.....but be aware. itll cost you about that to piece together a bike (depending on you tastes)
my wifes cost me about 350 for everything (period correct...accept the wheels*with silly shimano positron cable* and tires).

Back