Is this happening to anyone else?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Lately if a post on RRB has a store like Walmart, Ebay, or Sears in the post, the word itself is turned into a link. This is the only site that does it for me, and just to make sure I scanned for malware.

Why is this happening?

Yes, That and also if the Walmart ad pops open. If I click on Close it. It opens it anyway and starts telling me about their specials. Seems like agressive sales ads lately.

That just happened to me.

I wonder if Sony's site for Ghostbusters link shows up?

Edit: To answer my question no :lol: .

I've seen this on other forums, where the forum software will automatically turn certain keywords into links.
The problem arises when you wanted to put your OWN link in the post, and it changes it to something else,,,, but you don't see that. Because you don't click on the link after your post goes through, because you know what you set it to.

As far as websites doing it, it's tough to blame them. Everything costs money and nothing online pays very much unless its illegal. :lol:

It happened to me. I use firefox, and There is a culprit virus out there called text enhance. It took around 3 months for me to get rid of it off my computer, and it is very frustrating. I used to have a link in my favs as to how to eliminate it, but i seem to have deleted it.

I would google text-enhance mozilla or I.E and there are solutions out there to fix it. It is just very time consuming.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=remove+t ... =firefox-a

largek9 said:
I wonder if RatRod would know why ?
Rat Rod /Steve activated this on the forum software to help with expenses. It is not malware or a virus.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

cman said:
largek9 said:
I wonder if RatRod would know why ?
Rat Rod /Steve activated this on the forum software to help with expenses. It is not malware or a virus.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
largek9 said:
Maybe revenue links for the site :?: :) !
Makes perfect sense to me, I use the Ebay link here all the time ! Its my Good Luck Link ! Three frames and one complete bike this month ! thanks Steve.

Latest posts

Back