It's a what?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The kid dragged this home from a friend of his who didn't want it. Mismatched derailluers, one brake and it looks like the fork is bent. Doesn't really matter as the stem is frozen and so messed up the whole thing will have to be cut off anyway. Tires and tubes are good even if the rims are cheapies.

No clue what this is other than one decal declaring it to be made of "high tensile steel". I really kind of like the way the rear triangle is attached by going in front of the seat tube and attaching to the top tube.

Any ideas on what we have here?

IMG00544-20110119-1551.jpg

Frame style is GT but alot of the parts don't look it, though it looks like a franken bike so it may of been a bare frame at one point and everything added onto it, the rear derailer looks weird to, is there a dropout with derailer attachment hiding behind it?

Yeah I think it's a Franken bike. Will certainly be one when I get through messing with it. It doesn't look to have the "bolt on" derailluer attachment. It's got the deep drop outs where the drailluer slides in and bolts to the closed end of the drop out and is also held in by the axle bolt and wheel.

Not sure what to do with it but I like that rear triangle and it's a good size bike for me so I may play around with it when the snow stops.

I'm thinking GT knockoff also. Doesn't a real GT have the top tube that goes through the seat tube with the 'GT' emblem on the capped tube?

I think i've seen a few that did not have the GT logo on them, but i seen this bike as a department store bike before, I can't recall the name. but if it dosn't have that hanger it's proberly not GT. I don't think i've ever seen a GT without one of those lol I do like the frame type though

Found a Made in China decal...no surprise there. Also says it's a 1998 model by Dynacraft .

Still not real informative and I still don't know what to do with it.

scrumblero said:
GT knockoff with bent forks? ... :roll:

Thats exactly what I was thinking..LOL

Looks like a Magna Cliffhanger I used to have. Pretty close frame style to a GT but far lower quality, I broke mine jumping off a 4 foot ledge on a set of stairs in front of the school back in the day. :lol:

Back