It's Baaaaack! Northeast biggest Cruise n' Swap! 2 DAYS!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
38   0   1
Good morning all you Rat Riders!

The Muscle Bike Museum in conjunction with YH (Yeshoney Productions and Planning :roll: ) bring you the Northeasts largest Bike cruise/Pub Crawl/Swap Meet and generally good time! The Cruise will be the afternoon and evening of August 22 followed by an early morning wake up call to come buy and swap your rusty crusty or just generally good bike parts the next day. Jim Barnards Muscle Bike Museum is the locale for the Swap and Hartford, CT will be the ending point of our pub crawl. This years ride will be two part and will start with an afternoon ride along the Farmington Rails for Trails - Starting point and time is TBD. For those of you coming down early you are free to stop by my house in Simsbury to chat and have a brew before and after the ride departs. Contact me for directions and details.

Contact me for any other info.

Sound Good? Hope so! It was a blast last year and this year promises to be better!

[email protected]
Cell - 860-690-2162

Thanks, Joe

Northeast Bicycle Swap Meet

Sunday, August 23, 2009
7am to 2pm (6 am setup)
Rain or Shine

Free Admission

Vendor table: $20
Vendor table with vehicle space: $30
Vendor table with vehicle and trailer, or large truck space: $40

NEW THIS YEAR!!! We will be having a bike corral with three People's choice Trophy's - Rat Rides, Muscle Bikes and Ballooners!!

So bring out your favorite bikes and show them off!

More info at: http://OldRoads.com/swap

Food
Bicycles
Parts
Tools
Motorized Bicycles/Mopeds
And FREE ADMISSION to the New England Musclebike Museum which has the
largest display of Musclebikes anywhere.

Details and Registration form (register on-line or print and mail
registration)
at http://OldRoads.com/swap

Hosted at the New England Musclebike Museum
6 Peters Rd.
Bloomfield, Connecticut 06002

From the Muscle Bike Museum Website:

This year's Swap Meet will be 8/23/09. Stay tuned for info or call me at 860 670 4501. * Most of the spare parts and a lot of the spare bikes have been sold off. This does not mean "Museum Bikes" as there are still over 125 bikes in the Museum Proper. I have added a 60's comic book case and some period models of the type that 12 year old me would have made if I wasn't riding my 1970 Raleigh Chopper on various adventures. * The Museum loaned out a number of bike to the director of the movie "Indian Hill" that was filmed in Portland, CT.

Re: It's Baaaaack! Northeast biggest Cruise n' Swap!

AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! oh I'm so bummed out !!! AHHHHHHHHH!!!! CRAP. I'll be away that weekend. dkljffeioM 9EURM mdjfeureur09 wjrimcxm 98 DMFUE0U!!!!!

I see my friend and co-worker's head has exploded. Luckily I didn't get any on me. The guy that sits closer to Ian though is covered. It's quite disgusting actually.

Ever see the movie Scanners? kinda like that, only self inflicted.

Imagine a scale... on one side is "trip to Montreal with g/f" and on the other side is "hang out with rat rod bros and get pickled"

now you tell me which way the scale is tipping.

Hang out with RatRod guys for biggest weekend of the year = Once a year
Go to Montreal with G/f = Any other weekend of the year

Hmmmmm Decisions, Decisions.

Ask for her blessing and the join us!

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
Imagine a scale... on one side is "trip to Montreal with g/f" and on the other side is "hang out with rat rod bros and get pickled"

Your girlfriend, or someone else's! :p
ifitsfreeitsforme said:

anyone want to take my girlfriend to Montreal?? I'll pay for gas and lodging. Must be returned in same condition. I'm referring to her, not my car.

Ian, what the?!?!?! I cannot believe you!

It's Ok, I have an idea. Tell your g/f you have to work at some point so you are going to reschedule the vacation. Then, at the last minute, you have it off. No problem, go for a ride!

Anyway, I plan on coming! What to bring, what to bring.....

Are we gonna have a "mini swap meet" between us Rat Rodders the day before? I think we should!

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
anyone want to take my girlfriend to Montreal?? I'll pay for gas and lodging. Must be returned in same condition. I'm referring to her, not my car.

Having met your girl friend, I'll reschedule my family gathering to take her to Montreal. I cannot guarantee she gets returned in same condition though. She'll be really tired. No way she can drink as much as me.

MY PASSPORT IS EXPIRED!!! not only that, but Beth doesn't have one. No way we're getting new ones by the swap meet right? So I might as well go to the swap meet right? right?

See? (Presses big red button). "That was easy!"

See you up there man. Haven't decided if I'm going to go through all the trouble of selling up there this year.

You get a good sized space for your registration fee. Lots of cool people. We camped up there last year in a tent. Was a fun night though, you know those Frisbee players can be pretty loud! 8)

--Rob

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
MY PASSPORT IS EXPIRED!!! not only that, but Beth doesn't have one. No way we're getting new ones by the swap meet right? So I might as well go to the swap meet right? right?

ifitsfreeitsforme said:

crap. Well, I'll have to be with my family then.

The good news it that now you can bring her and she can finally ride the bike you built her.

ooo! its that time of year agen alredy? :mrgreen: last year camping up there was a balst..... didnt sleep much but had a good time. hhmmmmmm, what bike to bring........ :? hope to see you guys up there

Gonna GO!.............Bringing a Balloon tired, Rat Muscle bike.

WHERE? LOL :lol: :shock: 8)

JoeyMac said:
by the way, Joe, do you realize that the post has the date listed as August 23rd, 2008?!

:lol: :p

Re: It's Baaaaack! Northeast biggest Cruise n' Swap! 2 weeks!

Let's get a head count!

Trying to get an idea of those who are coming for the ride and/or Swap Meet.

Thanks, Joe

Re: It's Baaaaack! Northeast biggest Cruise n' Swap! 2 weeks!

if I can't go, no one else should be allowed to go.

Back