It's just a harmless little hobby...newbie in Kansas City

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Famous last words. I've been riding bikes for as long as I can remember. The first "big ticket" item I saved my $5/week allowance for was a $90 K-Mart special Murray bmx bike (which I have). From there I started mountain biking, then commuting, then touring...Sounds pretty healthy until I admit that I "needed" a specific bike for each activity! :) It's pretty easy to justify spending countless hours (and dollars) on a bike when you "need" it. That all changed though a few weeks ago when I bought my first 1955 Hawthorne and I officially crossed that line to collector. I didn't need it, I just WANTED it! I love bikes--talking about them, looking for them, working on them, riding them, and yes, even just staring at them. And lucky for me, I think I'm amongst friends.

Other info: I'm a Graphic Designer for a large greeting card company based in Kansas City (take a wild guess). Yesterday (6/26/08) was my two month wedding anniversary to my beautiful wife who's reaction to my wanting to buy another '55 Hawthorne in Detroit was "if it makes you happy, do it". She's definitely a keeper.

Re: It's just a harmless little hobby...

Welcome. I know the feeling..
JT

ha, I too remember when it went from, I need that bike, to I want that bike, but then you see something so special and so stylish and one of a kind, and it goes right back to "I NEED THAT BIKE!" :)

Welcome to the addiction! Hope you enjoy the stay!

Welcome Nate!

a few years back, i almost became a graphic designer for the "other" big greeting card place in Cleveland, OH... :)

make sure you check out adapts art thread, would like to see some of your stuff

Do you ever take two hours for a 10 minute trip? (due to yardsales)
Do you seek wheels out of dumpsters ?
Are you constantly peering over backyard fences?
Do you buy WD-40 by the case?

Rats...when you care to cut up the very best.

Hows that for a greeting card welcome. :lol:

Latest posts

Back