It's Klunkin' time...gotta find me some dirt!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I run some Renthals, in various bends, on some of my bikes. They are great bars, and they cost me a far sight more than $9, too. I like those for your bike, and the pad takes a few seconds to remove and to put back on, so....

I spotted these motocross Renthal bars for about $9 at a shop near our house (I'm really diggin' the aesthetic of the bolted on crossbars). Do you guy think it will look good on this build? I'll probably ditch the foam padding though.

Renthal-Enduro-High-613-500x500.jpg

I have run the Renthal mc bars on two of my cruisers and the price wasn't that bad when you get them off CL. I think them Rental bars would look killer on your cruiser.!!! Take a pic and post it up to check it out..

Hi guys, I was finally able to take photos of the motocross bars I spotted. Upon closer inspection the one I wanted were actually in light red, so it kinda looks pinkish instead of silver ...me and my bad eyesight :banghead:. I also suspect those bars to be knock-off Renthals, still a decent price though. Right? :)

IMG_20150128_162051.jpg

Bike came out really cool, I got bit by Klunker bug too. Its my winter build off entry. Klunkers really have great style, its fun scrounging the parts. Trying different saddles now and was wondering about the seat height on your build - I'm impressed how you keep the "banker" happy so you can do new builds! (gotta try that);)

Bike came out really cool, I got bit by Klunker bug too. Its my winter build off entry. Klunkers really have great style, its fun scrounging the parts. Trying different saddles now and was wondering about the seat height on your build - I'm impressed how you keep the "banker" happy so you can do new builds! (gotta try that);)

Thanks! Oh yes, Kunkers sure have an awesome style and tons of fun to ride. I have raised the seat a few inches up to where I'm tiptoeing but still relaxed when I'm riding it. It's just an awesome everyday ride! Be sure to post pics of your build :)

Last edited:
Thanks! Oh yes, Kunkers sure have an awesome style and tons of fun to ride. I have raised the seat a few inches up to where I'm tiptoeing but still relaxed when I'm riding it. It's just an awesome everyday ride! Be sure to post pics of your build :)
Since you asked here is my build. "Slightly Dangerous"
wbo2015update4bright17_zpsb4e45ff6.jpg

No flowers to pose it by tho. :) Greenery is months away here.

Since you asked here is my build. "Slightly Dangerous"
wbo2015update4bright17_zpsb4e45ff6.jpg

No flowers to pose it by tho. :) Greenery is months away here.

Sweet ride dude and I'd love to ride in that terrain, you're lucky! We on the other hand have to go out of our way to find some dirt around here, meanwhile we'll just have to make do with construction sites and potholes :-D

Sweet ride dude and I'd love to ride in that terrain, you're lucky! We on the other hand have to go out of our way to find some dirt around here, meanwhile we'll just have to make do with construction sites and potholes :-D
Thanks Joe, You're right I love living in the country. :grin:

Back