I've been very busy.....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Wanted to share a few of my new bikes. All of these came from one place.....I think it was a pretty good find. Took me about 8 hours of digging them out of piles of stuff in a barn that you could not walk through. The fellow had lived there since 1945 and just piled the barn full. I brought home about 35 bicycles and there are probably another dozen to dig out. Most fun I've had in years. I've been working on getting these for about 6 months and actually about given up when I got a phone call last Wed. to come and get em!

Had some camera issues so these are what I have photos of. the rest though are very, very rough and mainly 60's and 70's kids bikes and parts. The 66' Schwinn Stingray Super Deluxe I posted earlier came from the same place.

oldschoolcolo said:
Amazing. I can't believe people let their stuff get so !!!! up. :roll:

What's the story behind this, how did he get so many bikes

He was an avid auction fan and the town junk collector for 60 plus years......he just passed away several months ago and was in his early 90's. He owned 6 or 7 properties, lived in one house and filled every building and house he owned with stuff....some good and some not. This building was falling down and the family wanted it emptied to demolish it. There is a 50 by 100 ft barn right behind this one that you cannot walk through 6-8 ft high stacked with stuff all the way back to the back. Every building he owned is like this. I was told as the summer goes on I will be allowed in these also. Nobody knows for sure whats in them. The family said he loved bikes and there are probably more.

Man, that is great. I would love that too! Not just bikes, I could buy so much stuff from a venue like that. I'm very jealous.

Dan

ratrodman39 said:
gosh...we dont get this kind of stuff in So Cal....(no barns...lol)

We don't get this kind of stuff anywhere in California for that matter. California has been dried up and whatever is left commands a high dollar.

bikesntrikes said:
ratrodman39 said:
gosh...we dont get this kind of stuff in So Cal....(no barns...lol)

We don't get this kind of stuff anywhere in California for that matter. California has been dried up and whatever is left commands a high dollar.

That kind of find is pretty uncommon anywhere anymore. Mostly in the sticks, and they're not handing them out either.

WOW... Nice work! There is some stuff there I know I'd certainly like to own...

I'd especially liek to hot rod this sweet little Elgin, and the ladies Colson has some good stuff to it... :mrgreen:

0anew3.jpg

0anew6.jpg

Latest posts

Back