Jefferson County Swap Meet Finds

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
First is a 1980 (I think) Ross Apollo 5 speed. Has the cool free wheel crank. I read somehwere that the tires that came on this bike were gumwall bmx tires. And of course the seat is wrong but other than that its all complete. Oh yeah...very dirty.

Next up is a 1969 (I think) Coast to Coast 20 + 16 Hummer. Did some searching and found that this is a rebadged Ross Deluxe Barracuda. The seat and sissy bar bad are stained but other than that everything is original. Should clean up nice.

Last is a 1969 Western Flyer Buzz Buggy that has been sadly spray bombed and robbed of its precious handlebars and scarcely found chain guard. It's missing the rear fender but has the sweet red line pedals, no ripped Mesinger seat, and original tires. Lots of work to be done with this one.....unfortunately.

Three great bikes ! I'd be thrilled to have any of those in my stable.

Congrats on the scores !

Nice finds. I was there too and I scored the Columbia SS5 that was there and I saw the buzz bike go wheeling by me when I was making a deal for the SS5. It must have been you. Always a great swap.

Nice finds. I was there too and I scored the Columbia SS5 that was there and I saw the buzz bike go wheeling by me when I was making a deal for the SS5. It must have been you. Always a great swap.

So your THAT guy :aggressive:.
I actually talked to that guy earlier on explaining to him that the SS5 he had was not a Schwinn. He thought it was a Schwinn built chopper but lucky for me I informed him he was mistaken. Explained to him all the incorrect parts it had. I was going to offer him to take it off his hands but he didn't want to sell it at the time. That bike you got had very good parts from three good bikes. I was actually on my over to buy it when I noticed you were buying it. Glad it went to a member.

Oh yeah.....can I buy the handlebars from it? :thumbsup:

So your THAT guy :aggressive:.
I actually talked to that guy earlier on explaining to him that the SS5 he had was not a Schwinn. He thought it was a Schwinn built chopper but lucky for me I informed him he was mistaken. Explained to him all the incorrect parts it had. I was going to offer him to take it off his hands but he didn't want to sell it at the time. That bike you got had very good parts from three good bikes. I was actually on my over to buy it when I noticed you were buying it. Glad it went to a member.

Oh yeah.....can I buy the handlebars from it? :thumbsup:

He did mention he had a guy stop by earlier and inform him about what it was. I also confirmed that what he had was about a 71 Columbia SS5 with many different parts from different bikes on it. I am glad to have bought but I am sorry I took it out from under you. But hey you got three awesome bikes and I only got one. lol.

I would sell you the handle bars if I still had the bike but I went out to Ann Arbor for the swap this past Sunday and I sold the bike complete. Sorry about that.

First is a 1980 (I think) Ross Apollo 5 speed. Has the cool free wheel crank. I read somehwere that the tires that came on this bike were gumwall bmx tires. And of course the seat is wrong but other than that its all complete. Oh yeah...very dirty.

-Gumwall tires would be correct for the Apollo, correct seat can be tough to find. Nice score on all three bikes.

hello i im a big ross barracuda collector,would really be interested in your new one if there is anyway you would be interested in selling her.I have about 30 barracudas and always have room for one more.LOL thank you terry

forgot to mention i also collect ross apollos and have a extra set of those gum wall tires for your apollo .Thanks again Terry

Back