just a thought about a boardtracker event

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
was just kicking this around in my head as an excuse for us all to get together. there are velodrome bike tracks in some areas i think here in nor cal there is one down south a bit. it would be neat to all get together with our boardtrackers and do some elbow to elbow racing and a show. just a thought thats why i posted it here not in events.

Quite a haul from Maine to CA. It sure would be fun though. Elbow to Elbow huh?? I'm bringing the Convict.. watch where you stick that elbow. I should look to see if there are any velodromes in New England.
If you do it we want video.

I'll DO IT!! Southwest Airline is cheap.I have been working on my version of a modern day boardtracker.I will post some pics in the gallery.

I might actually ride/race my brakeless 5speed 'fixie' Flying Merkel board tracker for something like that.(if it were closer)

Sound like a great idea.

Karfer..... that's a great idea! Wouldn't it be cool to see some sort of event featuring all of the BoardTrackers we've been building?

OR Maybe we could do a BoardTracker Build-Off

Any of you TX guys know if there is still a 'drome in Frisco?

Oh, and I think I might be able to find a light alloy canti frame for the build-off.

That would be cool...

But have you ever riden on a velodrome, if not up at speed and cranking around the corner your pedals come in contact with the steep banking and CRASH. Before the big saftey concern of today, *cough when we were kids cough* there was an outdoor 'drome we used to be able to access without restriction...found out the hard way. :wink:

Traditionally track bikes have shorter cranks ...

Just a point...not a show stopper. (take video) :mrgreen:

Ide love to go,be fun to give "The Indian" her first run......But I live in Nebraska so California, and other places like that might be a little bit too far away for me.

OK after watching that video perhaps taking the Escaped Convict is a bad idea. Picture what happened but with barbed wire... :D

Cool video Silverback.

thats funny yea we will call a track up tell them we want to do one special "race" with "vintage bikes" and all show up on the boardtrackers. they wont know what hit them. i will bring the 7 so get your pinks ready!

Back