Just getting started

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I just recently graduated from college and unfortunately there aren't too many entry level position jobs in Architecture in Michigan right now. So, one day while searching around in my parents garage I found this old Schwinn with no handle bars, no chain and flat tires. I found out it was my Dad's bike that he used to ride in college. I thought it was a beautiful bike and I thought I would just get it ride-able again. Well, while doing research I found this website and now I am going for a rat rod. I think I am hooked and already searching for a new project. I am just waiting for the fatter tires and rims to complete my Dad's 1953 Schwinn.

Thanks to the creator.there is so much information and creative stimulation in the forums and galleries.

welcome!!
check the events from time to time lots of people here that do rides and shows.

Hey I can't decide how I want to finish the paint job. Was hoping for some input. should I paint the handle bars black and put white grips on them, maybe I'll paint the seat post as well. Should I leave it as is? I am putting 2.25" whitewall tires and painting the rims black.

IMG_0764.jpg

Back