Just got a new bike? Please use following code

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In 1814 they took a little trip, down 2 hooch's Bungalo and busted both his lips, They stole all his bikes and took his truck too, Ran back to canada while hooches face turnd blue... :oops: Lol i tried.

ricksterr1221 said:
In 1814 they took a little trip, down 2 hooch's Bungalo and busted both his lips, They stole all his bikes and took his truck too, Ran back to canada while hooches face turnd blue... :oops: Lol i tried.
no wories ricky :)O at my size i'm bigger than a whole hockey team :)

So, only a lucky minority of the continental USA gets to find cool bikes? And the rest have to make do with 10-speeds and eBay? Aaahhhhhh... I feel much better now...

Hugo

:shock: :shock: :shock: I WOULD HIT THAT LIKE IT OWED ME MONEY!!!!

New members!

New members! Your ignorance about the Code is preventing me from sleeping well at night. Please read and execute the instructions on the first post. Disregard all posts about beer. Thank you.

Hugo
"The Code- humoring the euros"

It's not just "Fresh Finds", man, they're all over the place! All over, I tell you! Just look at this one at "Bike Gallery"! How can I sleep at night??!!!

goblin_01.jpg

Hugo :)

LOL!!!

OK.... all of the above is way too funny for a Monday morning.... BUT it's off the mark, sort of. I've been to Canada, Europe, England and SE Asia, and in ALL of those places I've found old frames, bikes and parts just begging to be rat-rodded. Granted, in some places there were not a lot of Schwinn Cruisers (The Gold Standard of Rat Rodding) or Krates.... but there were equally cool bikes to be had.

In England I saw all sorts of old Raleighs, and other English Racer types just rusting away in garages. While I was there, I rode a 3 speed Raleigh.... which i semi-Ratted, rode for the year, and then gave away when I left. In Europe, especially the northern parts, there are ZILLIONS of bikes of all sorts. A friend of mine assembled a cool rat in Norway for the equivalent of $50 US. She just scrounged a few old bikes, painted them up, and had herself a fine ride! And in SE Asia and the Phillipines, you have to be absolutely blind to not be able to find RAT Rod material. I rented a bike in Thialand once... that was made in 1959! Old bikes are not thrown away there... but recycled endlessly as they should be.

My point here is that TRUE Rat-Rods are made with whatever you have locally to work with. If you live in England, build a Raleigh-Rat.... and be PROUD of it! I would be. A Raliegh Rat can be just as cool, if not cooler than anything on the road!

Must be tough, seems like every time I go to the scrapyard I find something decent to build or flip. Older stuff is a little more difficult normally have 10-20 great scores a year, the rest is just department store bikes and a few good flip bikes. If you're ever in Indiana I would trade some good Canadian whiskey for bikes. :mrgreen:

My code is

Fact: Just found this at the dump
Story: Just purchsed from original owner at estate sale.

Fact: Just overpaid on ebay
Story: Just inherited this from a long lost family member

Happy hunting this weekend to everyone :D

Can us poor people reverse this code? :lol:
Truth: I just bought a Mongoose Beast from Walmart
Code: I just pulled a single speed Surly Pugsley from a dumpster!

I wish the code was around when I was in Australia. The five pre-70s bikes in the country are already in the museum.

But I've been living in the mid-west now for three months and no one has handed me a free vintage bicycle, disappointed.

Back