Just Having Some Fun!....New Build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys i'm newish here, i registered a while ago but haven't posted much, I used to post a lot on CBN when it was around.

But I've been building bikes since I was 14 years old (22 now) and really enjoy it...Its been a few years since I built a bike and got the urge this week..soo i busted out the saws-all and welder & had a grand ol' time! lol

Its a work in progress but i decided to post up a few pics!

My goal for this bike was to keep is short and compact...I wanted it to have a low nimble appearance and feel.

Beginning stages
chopperj.jpg

& this is what ive done so far...Nothing like the first ride on a new project!!...Now I just need some tires that hold air! :roll:
chopper2d.jpg

Let me know what you guys think!

I'll post up some pics of my past bike also.

Bigdaddy772 said:
I like the lines you came up with!!! 8) 8)

Thank you...its pretty simple..but sometimes simple is good 8)

Thanks guys!...looking forward to getting it all clean up and start on the finishing touches!

Well I was able to get a little more work done on the bike today...I decided to modify the forks a bit to give it a little lower appearance & also just smooth out the lines a bit. I think it came out pretty good and I like the look it gave the bike.

I also cleaned up the wheels and white walls and even managed to get the tires to hold air!!! :mrgreen:

let me know what you guys think....Also I'm at a loss for colors to paint it...i'm almost thinking about a root beer? any suggestions?

chopper3o.jpg

chopper4s.jpg

welded and smoothed
chopper5.jpg

Overall look of the bike...I also cut the rear fender shorter & got it mounted up...I may cut it just a tad shorter though.
chopper6.jpg

Thanks for looking 8)

How 'bout flat black w/lime green pinstriping along the frame and fenders, and lime green wheel lips. "The Joker" or "Monster's Ball". :D

I like the look of the fender. When it comes to lines of a bike having a nice vertical fender strut just feels correct.
RFshot5.jpg

But some times the rules are meant to be broken:
SDrearfender.jpg

g-ratter said:
I like the look of the fender. When it comes to lines of a bike having a nice vertical fender strut just feels correct.
RFshot5.jpg

But some times the rules are meant to be broken:
SDrearfender.jpg

Thanks I agree...it's amazing what a few inches or degrees will do to the look of a bike!

Thanks for the color ideas guys!...I'm liking the ideas...now that I've started to look at it I'm liking the idea of a more stand out paint job instead of my idea of a root beer color...although I'm starting to even like the baby blue that's on it now...tough decision.

Tomorrow I'm planning on playing with a front fender and a tank fill in peice

Lowlife Lucas said:
Cool idea with the fork, I hadn't ever thought of that. Looks good!

Thank you...it took some time but I think it was worth it! I like the look it gave it

Cisco said:
Lowlife Lucas said:
Cool idea with the fork, I hadn't ever thought of that. Looks good!

Thank you...it took some time but I think it was worth it! I like the look it gave it
No problem. I have to agree, I believe it was worth it as well. It gives the bike a good look and a nice stance!

Back