Just Playing Around

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glen said:
I agree that the rebar seat support looks a bit square and sucky, and I don't particularly like the look of the long scooter seat, but I took the liberty of doing a quick mock up in photoshop showing a possible seat support that might look okay and would be a piece of cake I reckon for someone with your fabricating skills...

2j0cj9s.jpg

I do think a standard seat looks better though.

Ooh, I like that rendering of the seat support, but I agree with Strech that it just doesn't suit this build. I think that setup would look wicked on a pre-war straigh bar frame as sort of a cafe racer build. Hmm, that is giving me some ideas...

Yeah I'm about done trying to make that seat work. It goes back into seclusion till next time.

I threw a few traditional parts on it and they look pretty good.
I have accomplished the goal of stretching it a little and making a big back tire fit so its
pretty much a success on what I was trying to do.
DSCF0001-127.jpg

Its funny I started to do a seatpost bent around the back tire, but
I have done that a lot and decided on a straight one. It would have moved the seat
back three or four inches. With the frame stretched its pretty comfortable now.
Glad you like it.

Tin Machine I'm a pretty minimalist type of guy. I rarely do lights or extra's other than
parts I need. I don't ride at night...heck I don't ride much in the daytime. I build these
purely for the entertainment factor. I always hope everybody can look at my builds and
see something that they can do. Hopefully it will get another member to want to build something
too. Really I have enough bikes to last a lifetime. :wink:

Houndog get you a welder and stick some stuff together. Its a bunch of fun. Glad your liking this one.

The springer looks great on there! :D I like how you kept this a stock looking build :wink:

I have never really found anything the fork would work on. I guess this one gets it.
I'm even going to put the Schwinn head badge back on it. Maybe it will fool somebody. :p
Glad you like it. Kinda looks stock if your not really paying attention.

I'm glad you scraped the first seat. I like the tradtional look to the whole bike and only with the second look you notice the stretch and the clean lines.
One fine example of your work and talent.

Arley

Spent some of my Christmas day massaging my frame to get it ready for paint.
Our temp was mid 70's and now tonight the cold front finally blew in and its low 30's.
The 40 mph wind makes it colder. Maybe it will warm up in a few days and I can squirt
some paint on. I'm excited already. Liking this one more and more.
DSCF0001-128.jpg

Well its 40 degrees outside. I wanted to spray my frame. I did the cold spray method.
Moved the frame inside for a couple hours and let it heat up/ The paint was already in
here and warm. I jammed a piece of pipe into the ground against the concrete and then
put a clamp on it to hold the frame. Its on the side of my shop where there is sun but no
wind. I sprayed it and it really dried fast. We have low humidity today. I guess Krylon isn't
real picky about the cold. I was going to spray a couple coats of primer, but decided to use the
new advanced formula Krylon that has the primer in it. Seemed to work good.
DSCF0002-116.jpg

Uncle Stretch said:
I'm excited already. Liking this one more and more.

You like a Schwinn? :wink: :wink:

Looks good. Such a subtle change, Schwinn should of made them like that.

Yeah hard to believe huh Clancy. Really you don't notice the stretch. The big tire will
be more noticeable. I am going to actually stick the Schwinn head badge back on. I
lost the made in Taiwan sticker though. :roll:

Back