Kandy Apple Red?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm an old fart that rode a bike like this in the 60's. Seems like they were all metallic red, like the old Honda color. I'm thinking about ripping this apart again to apply a Kandy apple red paint job. :cool:
SAM_0006.JPG

A true candy paint takes multiple coats with the candy color being a semi-transparent coat that lets the base (usually a silver or gold metallic) shine through color somewhat. Then a clear goes over that. It is a difficult paint to get evenly coated and the more coats, the darker the color. You may have trouble even getting different parts to come out the same color, due to these issues. My opinion, is that you have a nice looking bike that I probably wouldn't change. But, if you want to change it and have some patience to work on the paint job..... it certainly would look good in candy apple red.

simple answer- everything looks better in candy apple red! ape is right about true kandy, but you should be able to find regular candy apple red. whatever happened to truck, van and rv spray paint, that stuff was great.

Back