KIDS RAT ROD BIKE BUILD OFF POLL

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you participate in this build off?

• Yes

Votes: 41 68.3%
  • No

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • 16" Wheels and Under

Votes: 14 23.3%
  • 20" Wheels and Under

Votes: 36 60.0%

• Total voters
Kenny Kenny Kenny....trying to force me to make a rule aren't you!

Sounds like you could make another one at that price. :mrgreen:

haha I've already started on mine, will post pics soon.

as far as a deadline goes, there was talk of a May deadline i think. That should give people enough time to build and shovel snow :p

the may 1 deadline was just an option
thinking it would give us a little over two months
steve do you think you could give us a build thread???
it would allow us builders to keep things all in one place
and allow us to post progress
not asking for any thing special if it is too much trouble though
p.s. steve thanks for the ratrodbikes web site. it feels so much like home!!!

ponytailmike
mike

Maybe time it based on when it gets above 50 degrees (intermittantly) in our "viewing area". That should be, what, May-ish??

Does it have to be a kids bike? I have a 20" frame that I've been wanting to build up and haven't gotten to yet but its kinda sorta but not really a folder...Kelly

when, i'll try, i have that webco, i cut up, shame on me. was thinking about giving it to hutch, but have been looking at it and thinking i would use it for the buildoff, if i can get my other 5 bikes done. would need to get another doner for some parts. any ideas on what i am thinking? so, will we post pic before, during, after? whats the game plan? i know, no rules lol.

Outlaw :mrgreen:

done
jesseriding005.jpg

it was worth a try.......lol still looking for something to use :roll:

i think i might be in!!!!!!! found a kids bike on the craigslist for $10!!!! just need to call the guy tomorrow and see if its 16"(and no its not a pixie or even a schwinn........its gonna met up with the spinning wheel of death :wink: )

This thread made me think about a bike I built a long time ago, probably when I was 14. So about 8 or 9 years ago. Its a 16" boys frame with a 27" fork, 12" front wheel. Painted the frame a metallic green and the rims black. I guess its technically my first rat. I think me and my friend tried riding it once (obviously it was too small and very tiring due to the short crank) so its been hanging like you see it in the pic ever since. Just thought I'd share the pic with you guys

chopper.jpg

Back