KIDS RAT ROD BIKE BUILD OFF POLL

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you participate in this build off?

• Yes

Votes: 41 68.3%
  • No

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • 16" Wheels and Under

Votes: 14 23.3%
  • 20" Wheels and Under

Votes: 36 60.0%

• Total voters
Im down. I accidently clicked no yesterday while the page was still loading, so instead of clicking yes like I wanted to it moved slightly and I clicked no.
I say 20" or less, prefferably 16", I think that would be cool.

I have been trying to find a 12" or 16" bike to make a "mini burrito" out of but haven't had the best of luck as there frames have gotten goofy in the last couple of years for that size bike making it difficult to build one.

since I have lots of kiddy bikes and parts I think I'de be in for a 20" and smaller build off....? no rules ? thats opens up the door to some
cool mods.....eerr ...bikes that may fall out of rat status and into chop status.
100_4691.jpg

the weather here in kansas city has been almost unforgiving cold
with lots of snow (where is this global warming they talk about?)
i'd be in
i've allready got the frame picked out
give us till say may 1 2008 thats a little over two months
lets get this show rolling

ponytailmike
mike

i wanna play but to be true to the "pixie bike name i thought one of the requierments was that they had to have 16 inch or smaller wheels. guess i was wrong but thats cool i dig 20's too

ponytailmike said:
the weather here in kansas city has been almost unforgiving cold
with lots of snow (where is this global warming they talk about?)
i'd be in
i've allready got the frame picked out
give us till say may 1 2008 thats a little over two months
lets get this show rolling

ponytailmike
mike

Start May 1st, or be done by May 1st...AHHHH........if I have to RIDE it, I'm out :lol:......when I'm done I hope to make some kid happy! :roll:

we need more rules. are we going to do this as an outlaw build off with mods being allowed or not. sttteeeeeeve help us

so what are the rule again????

can we use bikes in this build off?

what do i get if i win?

how many bikes can i enter?

does it have to be rideable and if so how long?

what color does it have to be? i like blue it's a super keen color but i also like green sparkles oooooh green sparkles.

does training wheels count for the rideable part?

how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll tootsie pop?

can i cut and stretch it?

can the combined wheel sizes equal 20"?

can i buy it off ebay and win?

what if your left handed?

how many wheels can i use?

in the event of a tie. who will be the winner?

can i trade my winnings for sheep?

do i have to ship the bike to the judge?

how much will shipping be?

really what are the rules??

I wasn't gonna do it but my mind got to spinning on the ride home from work. Dang , I am in.

Maybe have a class for 20" bikes and one for under 20". There are lots of cool 20" inch frames but few 12 and 16 " frames.

UCWT you are killing me! :D :lol: :mrgreen:

as for the rest of you....... quit typing and get building :mrgreen:

you all saw what Steve wrote!

20 and under no rules.....lol

let the cutting begin!

FW

I have to finish a big kid's Rat :? a full interior ......maybe next time for me

IMG_3010.jpg

IMG_3009.jpg

hmmm... no cutting/welding for me... but I DO have this old Apollo frame begging for me to do something weird to it...

--rick

sweet looks like i gotta go get that welder. hey if it breaks it is a small bike so i wont fall as far :shock:

For those of you without welders, you can always stretch a frame by sleeving it (big sleeve) and then bolting it back together. Just use good bolts! I made my first chopper like that and never had a problem and I weighed 315 at the time! Good luck to all of you and looking forward to seeing some wild Rats!

As far as timing goes...what would be best for you yankees? :lol:

Want to make sure you're not having to paint and shovel snow at the same time. :shock:

Hey Rat Rod,
I went into work 2 hours early this past Saturday and again on Sunday and built me a 20 incher, an under 4 1/2 hour and no money spent Rat Bike Burrito.
Did I jump the gun too early or could I enter her in the fun?
Thanks, Kenny :D

Back