KZ400 Project

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet! I used to build and ride choppers before I got hurt. I loved building Yamaha XS 650 chops, but the smaller KZ bikes work out really well too. I still have a Honda CB750 big bore cafe racer project I plan to finish one day. I think I can still ride a full suspension bike. Hard tails are out of the question though. At least for anything over a 10-15 minute ride. Keep up the good work.

This was the nicest chop I built in my opinion. I built another that made it in to a national magazine. There was a full two page article with big color photos. That was one of the proudest days of my life. Too bad I got hurt and gave it all up.
hotrod.jpg

I finally took some more pictures! I started making a tank because by the time I made the original tank look like I wanted it to it would have been more work than just starting from scratch. :roll:

P1000036-1.jpg

I just got back from a week in Vegas and it gave me some time to think about my project. I finished tigging the gas tank and so far no leaks!!! I also made a seat pan and mounts. Now I need to figure out the forward controls and linkages. :D

P1000037-1.jpg

P1000038.jpg

P1000039.jpg

I've been slacking on taking new pictures but snapped a few today. I lowered the forks 2", got the fender mounted, made some pegs and made a cool sissy bar.

P1000467.jpg

P1000469.jpg

P1000468.jpg

Rat Rod said:
It's looking great!

I've always been curious how rough the ride is on a hardtail motorcycle.

You and me both! The springs I put on the seat probably won't help much because I only weigh 145lbs, I can jump on the seat and the springs don't move at all. :roll:

i have seen guys use full suspension MTB shocks b4 i am not sure how they ride....... i have a kz400 that i am on the shelf weather i wanted to cafe or hard tail i am thinking hard tail after seeing your build....

I got out of school at noon this week because of finals so I had some extra time to work on my bike! I laced up some wheels and painted some more parts, hopefully I can get the engine in tomorrow.

P1010041.jpg

P1010039.jpg

P1010040.jpg

In the sun the tank looks awesome with all the flake in it but when I took the pictures it was overcast, as soon as I took the pics it started to rain :roll:

P1010295.jpg

P1010296.jpg

P1010297.jpg

P1010298.jpg

diggin that yellow fog lamp look. is that the stock gas cap? im feelin it too! 8) and im jealous...i havent touched my 440 project since october... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Back