Ladies Western Flyer Value?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scrap it for parts?

• Heck yes!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone just gave me this bike for free:
20160303_141721_zpsar3dqdjx.jpg

20160303_141736_zpsrlko5nj2.jpg

I was going to buy a 3-speed hub and wheels/tires/tubes to get it going for my girlfriend, but she's 4'11" so I'm probably going to build a smaller bike for her instead. She stood over this and was like "Nope!". What I'm wondering is if this thing is rare or valuable at all, because if not, I'm going to strip it for parts. I like the handlebars & grips for my current project, and I could chop up the fenders to make shorties. Could also use the kickstand & chainguard, etc. I might even find a way to make this tank hold batteries for custom lights on my bike.

I don't know much about the value/rarity of these old bikes, so if it would be blasphemous to scrap this thing, stop me.

It's a middleweight, maybe $50 worth of parts. My wife is 5' even, she rides an early 60's Monark el camino (24") and she loves. The 24" girl's bikes are usually cheap when you find them.

Here is another option for a bike for the wife......something that I am going to complete when I get around to it.
Buy an old mixte bike somewhere.
00O0O_h9lJe7JgXnT_600x450.jpg

Then put a 24" wheelset on it and build her something like this.
IMG_0140c2B.jpg

Very cool and very low.

Back