Lady Unknown

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can any of you tell me what kind of bike this might be? I can't find any serial numbers or anything of reckoning.
ladyunknown001.jpg

ladyunknown002.jpg

ladyunknown003.jpg

ladyunknown004.jpg

ladyunknown005.jpg

I have no idea myself, but it seems the drop outs on the fork should hold a clue.

I have never seen closed ends like that before. Are they common on
pre- war/ skip tooth vintage forks?

Cool stuff Chainy.

i do remember seein a bike at oldroads that had the "spoked" rear fender girls frame, dont remember much else tho.

CCR said:
i do remember seein a bike at oldroads that had the "spoked" rear fender girls frame, dont remember much else tho.

Yeah, that was a common deal on the early girls bikes-almost all of the bike makers did it. The big clues are the fork, sprocket if it is original and the ribbed fenders. There are not a lot of photos posted of the real early bikes posted but I am sure with some detective work something will match up. The Schwinn site I mentioned earlier has some truly amazing bike collectors that could help with identifying it.

chainy!! you found the ultra rare 1936 flufferknickle womens squirrel assisted bicycle only 3 were built
on most of the early womens bikes them stings back there on the rear fender were to keep a womans dress from catching the spokes but on this ultra rare model they used it to keep the squirrel in! too bad your missing the original wheel.... thats the desirable part because too many kids would forget to feed or take out the squirrel which would cause wheel rot
I think with your ingenuity you could buid a new wheel and adapt it to run with maybe ally cat power

heres a good place to look

http://www.nostalgic.net/arc/bicycles/i ... rpage=3000

Thanks guys! I'll check Nostalgic, Old Roads and The Schwinn site.

Hooch, my gramps had a 1922 Flufferknickle Tandem. The man would do the steering and breaking while the woman talked into a megaphone. All the hot air would exit the megaphone and blow out onto the paddles that were laced into the back rim. The paddles would spin the wheel and propel the bike forward. Gramps once told me that when granny was P.O.'d at him they could get the bike up to 90 mph. And that was on wooden wheels!

Boy the bicycles sure have evolved over the years, haven't they? Thanks for the info on my bike. I'll try the local pet stores to see if they carry a repop squirrelwheel, squirrel and squirrel food! Incase anyone else is thinking of restoring their Flufferknickle, Bass Pro Shops does carry the skunk entrails that are standard for the fender skirts!

Back