Last Shot....With Paint

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Last Shot

Believe it or not its hard to match a bend. Its either too little or too much. Oh well maybe nobody will notice. I got the front part welded and the welds sanded down...moving right along.

front001.jpg

Uncle Stretch said:
Its not going to be perfect , but I'm going to get real close....I hope :roll: :roll:
i think close enough that youd better get a lawyer!!you know theyve probably got the design copy righted..so i guess its good one bends a hair off :p
looks great and thanks for answering my questions!

Yeah Maddog it didnt look like it to me ,but when I stuck one on there it looks like it fits fine. It will work with my yellow rims I built too and they are 24''.
Hey Sensor they can copyright all they want . You can copy anything for you ,you just cant sell them. :lol: Even to sell you just have to change 10 percent...thats not much.

tire001.jpg

Nice fit to that tire. Can't beat a man at his own trade. Looking good from N.C. Can't wait to see it finished.

rgallen said:
Nice fit to that tire. Can't beat a man at his own trade. Looking good from N.C. Can't wait to see it finished.
Ok now that is funny. 15 years as a union bricklayer and 22 years as a cop ....none of which qualify me as a bicycle frame builder. I'm learning just like everybody else. I try to stretch my abilities to get a little better with each frame I build. There are lots of people here that have way more talents than me. Glad you like it so far. Its just a copy so I didnt even design this one. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

man, if you lived closer to me I would ask you to build me a frame. I love how the back tire fits the circle.

xHOBOPHOBIAx said:
man, if you lived closer to me I would ask you to build me a frame. I love how the back tire fits the circle.
Really anybody can do this. I guess that the reason that the tire fits so well is the company that designed this frame won several awards for their design. This style is probably the best selling design in Europe. I really wanted one ,but couldnt afford the ,somewhere around 700 euro's plus shipping...in dollars it will be more , to get one. The next option is to build one myself. I have about $22 in metal so far. I really believe that anybody here has the same ability to produce what they want. Its just do it. I wanted a Chief like my brother bought about two years ago. I started building frames and I feel like I have gotten a little better with each one I build. Never got around to building a Chief though. :lol: :lol:

Uncle Stretch said:
xHOBOPHOBIAx said:
Really anybody can do this. I guess that the reason that the tire fits so well is the company that designed this frame won several awards for their design. This style is probably the best selling design in Europe. I really wanted one ,but couldnt afford the ,somewhere around 700 euro's plus shipping...in dollars it will be more , to get one. The next option is to build one myself. I have about $20 in metal so far. I really believe that anybody here has the same ability to produce what they want. Its just do it. I wanted a Chief like my brother bought about two years ago. I started building frames and I feel like I have gotten a little better with each one I build. Never got around to building a Chief though. :lol: :lol:

The welding and grinding yes, the bending a circle... not so much.

Cheap benders are available. Mine came from Harbor Freight ($149) and it works pretty good if you pratice a little. Never Say Never :lol:

Well it took me all day to build the bottom chainstay and dropouts. It was alot of time spent trying to fit the tire in the seat post bend and still have it right . Maybe tomorrow I will get the seatpost stays built and finish the dropouts.

bottomseatstay002.jpg

man youre gonna hate me for the 20 questions game but......
do you know what degree the rake is on that?
btw.....looks like youve about got it beat(its hard to see the dropouts on yours in the pic but other than that i think if you dont tell no one would ever know! great job :mrgreen: )

I just followed the picture. I guess I could take a square off of my saw and see. Their dropouts were smashed in the tubing. I used that schedule 40 pipe and really couldnt match that part. I just made the dropouts and will fit and mold them when I get the top seat stays on tomorrow. I really dont have that good of a view of them ,so I'm kinda guessing. Let me go check the degree of the rake.

very well done how much do you think you have into it so far? feel free to include fustration :mrgreen:

karfer67 said:
very well done how much do you think you have into it so far? feel free to include fustration :mrgreen:
I think 3 days work and $22 worth of pipe. I should have a week in it counting bondo and paint ,when I'm through. I'm not going fast because this is the last one I'm going to build.
Hey steve I think the reason it fits so well is Them Swedes know how to build a bike :lol: :lol:

Sensor the only way I can tell the rake is not the way to do it. With the thing off of my table saw ....running parallel with the ground and the other on the neck it was 60 degrees. I know it should be the amount of degrees from straight up, but I couldnt figure out how to measure it. Need a protractor I guess. Maybe its minus 90 degrees from the 60 and would be a 30 degree rake.....I'm confused :cry:

every time i think you have done your best... you post a new build, and i hate to say this but this is my new favorite build i can't wait to see you finish it.....

Thanks Von Stans...glad you like it. Hope this one turns out good ,because I really want this frame. I wont be building anymore. I'm pretty sure this will be my last and I hope my best. :wink:

Back