Left Koast Kruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Well now that I'm almost finished with Jamis Earth Rat Cruiser and working on my wifes (side kick) Earth (step threw) Cruiser.. I picked up another project to build.. A 52 Schwinn Straight Bar Cruiser.. So little by little I've been gathering parts hear and there to build this thing and hopefully have an aggressive look to it.. I want is bike to stand out in a diffirent way.. Hopefully it will work the way I want it too.. Ok here is what I have so far and on the hunt for as whats listed..
Frame. 52 Schwinn Straight Bar.
Forks.. Chrome Tange TX-1200 Champion.
Hd Set. NOS Tange Chrome.
Stem.. Ashtabula (from the origenal owner).
Bars. Still undesided.
Crk Set. Ashtabula.
Pedals. Old Skool Rat Traps.
BB.. On the hunt for Tange BB or might go with OG Schwinn.
Sprocket. 3 Arrow.
Chain. Chrome.
Rr Hub. NOS Bendix coaster break (Mexico 86).
Ft Hub. Schwinn Approved wide flange ( having it chromed)
Seat Clamp. Schwinn "S" (chrome).
Seat Post. Schwinn OG chrome seat post or might go with anno colored flutted seat post.
Seat. Vintage Viscount quilted cruiser seat with chrome rail and springs.
Hoops. Schwinn S-2 (will have them rechromed).
Spokes. Chrome and as thick as I can possibly get them. Might go with Motorcycle spokes.

Ok well that sums up what the plan is and some bit of time to get it done..This one is going to take awhile till I get it done.

Last edited:
Digging the current component line up... Ashtabula crank and stem!? NICE!

Dare to be diffirent and stepping out of the box.. Only thing missing is an Ashtabula forks.. To bad they don't make them 26" for cruisers. At least not the ones with the cross bridge support under the steer tube like the 20" forks..

Last edited:
Diggin the staight bar build¡ really like the stamped ashtabula stem and cranks¡ currently working on a staight bar build for my daughter. Where are you getting your chrome done¿ i know you are local, just curious to see who does chroming still.

Ok it's by far been a long time since I've worked on the Left Koast Kruiser and I decide to put some attention to my build.. So here it sit all mocked up put together to fit all the parts and make sure everything fits snug as a bug..
So far I like what I see but still have my ideal of some MX bars but I need some stem shims to make it work on the bars to the Ashtabula stem. 7/8 to 1" shims..
The other problem I have is picking a color to paint this thing. Never ending.!!!

Forgot to ask, are you leaving paint as is or repaint¿
Sorry Socal..
I never got back to reply to your question.. My bad.!!
I don't know what color to go with this project.. I have a few colors in mind but still have yet to pull the trigger on a color..

Back