Let's see your coolest 1'' BMX style quill stems

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is on a Huffy Vortex....is this what you have in mind???
CAM00647.jpg
CAM00648.jpg

I had one of the original GT block stems back in high-school, that was the best quill stem I have ever had:

4449966665_52f87ec53a_o.jpg

(This photo is the 90's re-release one, I can't find a pic of an original...)

You can find the 1" quill version of these ones still pretty common though:
3054962295_2cc6f6ec4e.jpg

Luke.

I hadone of the original GT block stems back in high-school, that was the best quill stem I have ever had:

4449966665_52f87ec53a_o.jpg

(This photo is the 90's re-release one, I can't find a pic of an original...)

You can find the 1" quill version of these ones still pretty common though:
3054962295_2cc6f6ec4e.jpg

Luke.
Stems were one of GTs best parts, that block one was actually 1of their worst when they came out, originally.
The piston stems are almost all that I run!
20140610_080457_zps40b01c7c.jpg

20140610_080528_zpsd4278d4c.jpg

RRTBike, I know what you mean. While volunteering at the co-op, I see plenty of youth bikes, both boys' and girls', with solidly rad 7/8 quill stems. Totally look right, although I have my doubts about durability. Still, pretty tempting to swap'm out for something else, to use in different builds....

Well the Starlet is a Schwinn Select bike store bike so it is pretty strong. I have used cheaper ones but they are more of a cruiser type.
1402675921600.jpg

Stiil for simple cruising I don't see a problem. I love the one on my Firestone bike. :happy:

Araya51 said:
Here is my part.!!!
Tuff and Pro necks were my go to stems for a long, long time!
If it ever slips, do not set screw it! Press out the shaft, grind the shaft top 1/32 and apply shaft lock. That makes them bomb proof!

I will make you sick Duece-after breaking all stems available my Dad made about a dozen of these:
20140115_172446_zpsfe72bfd4.jpg

These are indestructible, titanium, aluminium, high grade hardware.
If anyone knows where any of these are, they are stolen!

Well the Starlet is a Schwinn Select bike store bike so it is pretty strong. I have used cheaper ones but they are more of a cruiser type.
View attachment 3882
Stiil for simple cruising I don't see a problem. I love the one on my Firestone bike. :happy:
Agreed, should be just fine for JRA-style cruising.... some of them might not be up to the task of real BMX, though....

I will make you sick Duece-after breaking all stems available my Dad made about a dozen of these:
20140115_172446_zpsfe72bfd4.jpg

These are indestructible, titanium, aluminium, high grade hardware.
If anyone knows where any of these are, they are stolen!

So hott. My dad couldn't even change my flats, when I was a kid.

I know someone has a 6 bolt Torker stem!
I want to see a Cinelli mx stem!
Post them up!

Back