Let's see your Shelby's

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Acquired this Shelby frame and fork a couple of days ago. Added an Electra close-out sale wheel set, Maxxis HookWorm 26" x 2.50" tires. Brooks saddle, Origin8 grips, vintage Schwinn stem and bars. Going to add a three piece crank and BMX pedals.
qu2e7yge.jpg
y4erymym.jpg
ybygepeh.jpg

rusty513 said:
Orignal Paint Shelby I bought only a few minutes from home.
Nice find.

This is a 1938 or so Hiawatha built for Gambles Dept store by Shelby. Most of what is pictured here is original to the bike. The Shelby built wishbone frame with the curved down tube is usually found badged as a Hiawatha.

Original lobdell saddle... long on springing... short on padding

BIG original handlebars...

The wheels came from a prewar Elgin, the brake arm tells the tale. Most of the spokes were stuck, so I strategically broke and replaced the ones necessary to turn in order to true the wheels. :wink: The tires are old Kendas with the BFG tread style.

Here is my 1939 Shelby Speedline Super Airflow. It has optional fluted fenders,aluminum guard, rack, Delta egg taillight, accessory knuckleguards, and a Tomahawk stem which is hiding under my cloth covered chain wrapped around the stem and bars.It's one of my favorite bikes in my collection.

Acquired this Shelby frame and fork a couple of days ago. Added an Electra close-out sale wheel set, Maxxis HookWorm 26" x 2.50" tires. Brooks saddle, Origin8 grips, vintage Schwinn stem and bars. Going to add a three piece crank and BMX pedals.
qu2e7yge.jpg
y4erymym.jpg
ybygepeh.jpg
As it is now...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401579716.741884.jpg

My 39 we think. I no longer have gave it up for a charity auction custom laser cut headbadge and pedal treads powder coated in my garage. I wish I had just given $325 to the charity and built the bike for myself! Wrong crowd at the event! Truss rods are stainless steel tube all new cups and bearings ,chain , seat, seat post ,wheels 3G from RRBs every thing new except frame and crank/chainring and the framed Shelby ad.
6u00n.jpg

4qgc.jpg

5o8t.jpg

mtm9.jpg

y1v9.jpg

Last edited:
Here is my 1939 Shelby Speedline Super Airflow. It has optional fluted fenders,aluminum guard, rack, Delta egg taillight, accessory knuckleguards, and a Tomahawk stem which is hiding under my cloth covered chain wrapped around the stem and bars.It's one of my favorite bikes in my collection.
Extremely freakin' jealous right now Slick!!:41:

I gotta' get more pictures of my bike on here. I wish that I could take more credit for this bike, but I bought it like this. l only changed the tires. 1950 Shelby Airflow.

IMG_1106.JPG

I REALLY LOVE THIS BIKE!!!! Highly regret missing it for sale. It would look great next to my speedline. ☺

Latest posts

Back