lincoln green

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hello & greetings from england.
here's my old raleigh - a 1982 DL1
the name is lincoln green, because i live in lincoln, and apart from black, the coloured bits are going to be green

230210106.jpg

here's the hubs. SA steelights, 70mm drums with a NIG 3 speed rear

230210104.jpg

see - green nipples

greenbalckwheel017.jpg

thanks for the kind comments. having looked about i realise i've no chance against some of the quality & imagination here, but i'm building a comfortable conveyance for an english gentleman (me :mrgreen: )

anyhow, here's my pics of todays progress.

the front wheel is finished, apart from going over the gold pinstriping in green.
the tyre is conti tour ride, 635-42

max1st042.jpg

and i took the f&f to the sandblasters today, and applied two coats of primer & two of topcoat. the finish isn't bad, but not good enough

max1st041.jpg

i should be OK to get finished in the next few weeks, hopefully anyone attending york rally will see me on it, but if not, perhaps mum will lend me her latest aquasition for the TCT :mrgreen:
it's so silly, so 70's & so cute, it couldn't be be left in the shop at £25. if mum hadn't bought it, i would have :oops:
i took it out last night to visit a friend for some beers, and dynamos are the business
max1st040.jpg

I too have no chance against the wild and wacky jimcrackery 8) that leads this parade, but those who do, for the most part, also appreciate the staid rider put together with some thought and care. :) It's all for the love of bikery! :wink:

That must mean that those 30 that you wiped off were excellent practise, because the ones in the photo look great! :D

Something like this perhaps?
gb1657_p.jpg

Google "tire paint" or "tire paint pen", that is how I found it.

Back