Long Black Train...Video pg. 5

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
South Carolina - smiling faces, beautiful places
I'm a little late starting but here we go.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyRZTAmcW7c
This is a 1950 Schwinn B6 that I got a while back ... lots of wrong and homemade parts. So it will make a good platform for the build off.[img
siren2.jpg
][/img]This my starting point for the Long Black Train.[img
LongBlackTrain001.jpg
][/img]
And these are some of my collected parts.
LongBlackTrain006.jpg

Ive got a pretty good idea of what I want but you know these things take on a life of their own sometimes.
Anyway the color will be easy to decide...but you know black can have many variations. This is only my second bike that I have customized and I am excited.

Re: Long Black Train

cool start like the springer are you going with black paint

Your's is in a heckuva lot better shape than my '49 was when I got it!
Mine started out like this after many years baking in the sun as a flower garden decoration:

And wound up like this:

I'm looking forward to seeing what you build since I love trains!

You will see, springers make people stop and look, it's working already! Have fun and build something *you* want.

Chips_Mahoy said:
Your's is in a heckuva lot better shape than my '49 was when I got it!
Mine started out like this after many years baking in the sun as a flower garden decoration:

And wound up like this:

I'm looking forward to seeing what you build since I love trains!
way cool Chips_Mahoy if he even gets close to that he may just take the trophy hands down

I remember seeing chips bike before and I like it.
As for the springer, that was the homemade part. One side if the fork was made by a competent metal worker but still not as good as Schwinn. In fact, it was a while before I noticed it and this made my cheap price seem more correct. It took a while to get all the springer parts together for not much money but without not much operating capital that's what I had to do.Thanks to Rat Rod Bikes and ebay for the necessary springer parts cheap. The wheel set was also great find and thanks to ind-chuckz it was a bargain. My original wheels needed a lot of work (I will fix them later when money becomes available).

Thanks. My original front wheel was also front drum S2's...just needed alot of work and ind-chuckz made me such a good deal on these Worksman wheels I took the easy way.
My rear wheel is a 3 speed Nexus. I figured that these bikes are pretty heavy and gears would make it easier to ride.
The name came from the song and I just ran across it while hunting train info for my build (it's an older song but I had never heard it before).
Thanks for checking out my build.

menzorro said:
Thanks. My original front wheel was also front drum S2's...just needed alot of work and ind-chuckz made me such a good deal on these Worksman wheels I took the easy way.
My rear wheel is a 3 speed Nexus. I figured that these bikes are pretty heavy and gears would make it easier to ride.
The name came from the song and I just ran across it while hunting train info for my build (it's an older song but I had never heard it before).
Thanks for checking out my build.

Great song!
http://youtu.be/PyRZTAmcW7c

Sexy parts!

OK, First - what is wrong with that critter in the background of the last pic? Second - I can't believe you had the cajones to cut a slot in a Schwinn Tank! Third - I'm so gonna steal that grid over the headlight idea - seriously, consider it stolen! Great lookin build! Robert

Sweet ride!I was going to use that Columbia chainguard on my build but decided against it.I like the louvers on yours and it looks great with that tank.The bars are really cool as well.I will watch this build closely for ideas on future builds.Keep up the great work :wink: Looks great :!:

Back