Lookin for help

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tried the OTHER BIKES fourm no suggestions, so since this is where the real creativity is I'm gonna try askin here,

Okay, so we took a 26" frame and stuck some 24" rims with a 24x2.6 High Roller in the front and a 24x3 big ole knobby Kenda in the rear. Workin the ration our right now to make it a lil easier to get goin and takin on hills, currently runnin a 46 with a 17 freewheel. Currently NO BRAKES, rear has brazed cantelever mounts unfortunately not usable due to rims sizeand the front is a rigid 26" BMX fork. If anyone has any suggestions as to brakes I sure would love to hear or see what's been done.

reartriangle.jpg
frontfork.jpg
reartriangle.jpg

Attach a plate to the center mount hole, creating a new location to drill for center mount long arm side pull or add-on cantis. :|(or, of course, weld on new canti mounts)

May knock the rear plate off and reweld it lower, the canti mounts are brazed and I"m runnin a wire feed, although if I can get em off I could weld em on. I've started designing a disc mount to press on the rear hub for a six hole disc, maybe the same on the front hub. I'm hoping that in Nov. I can pick up a set of disc rims at our bi-annual bike flea market. Thanx for the ideas.

I too started to fabricate a disc adapter for a rear wheel. After about four hours and five bucks for metal, I have an adapter that only needs to have the holes drilled and tapped. Then . . . I found exactly what I needed here for $9.95! http://www.electricscooterparts.com/brakes.html#vbrakes
See if these parts give you any ideas.

For starters you could use disc brakes, but the easiest thing would to go to Nova Cycle Supply here http://www.cycle-frames.com/bicycle-fra ... KE-BOSSES/
and buy a couple of sets of bosses and weld them in place. The also sell disc brake caliper mounts if you decide to go that route. Good luck, later Travis

If you know somebody with a torch you could have them remove the brake bosses and then braze them on again in the correct position. You could also just weld some flat bar stock on there, drill it and run caliper brakes.

Back