Looking for ideas, I want to do it up "GASSER" style.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. I can't wait 'til yours gets there either Kram. I am really excited to see what you do with it!
A non schwinn 5 speed stick shifter is on it's way now, thanks guys.
There is no need for a caliper. :D

bikepics096.jpg

Oh- I missed the disc brake! Yeah, forget claipers then. :lol: May I ask you where you got the tires for this bike? I actually came across a really cheap '68 orange krate (it needs work but is cleaning up well) and would like to replace the totally destroyed original tires with an appropriately sized stingray slik and s-7 16 inch front tire. Do they sell repro sets, or would I have to go original? I'm not looking to make a showbike, but a normal 20x2.125 tire doesn't look right in the rear and I have no choice but to buy replacement 16 inch s-7 tire for the drum brake front wheel, so I'm trying to figure out what is best. Any advice you could offer would be great.

Your swingbike is awesome, and I love the color choice. :wink:

Go to Hyper-Formance.com.

Pete is the sting-ray guy. He has everything Krate.

I just got a bunch of parts from him for this bike actually. Sissy bars, seat cover, handlebars and a spare 16" S-7 tire. His stuff is reasonably priced as well. You can buy everything but the frame from him.

Back