Looking forward to RRBBO#8

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CeeBee said:
There are a few people bringing their game. If you are not in it to win, step aside and watch quietly from the couch.

I am not even getting into the whole sillyness discussion since I was a major offender in that regard last year. I made my peace with everyone afterwards.

However, to assume that only the "serious" builders "bring game" is a load of sillyness of a different type. One of the masters of sillyness made Top 3, 2 of us made Top 5, 3 of us made Top Ten. I think we were "in it to win it" and I think we brought plenty of game.

"Just build a cool bike and have fun" - That is actually one of the rules!!!!

kingfish254 said:

That is the only rule I am trying to break this year. My bike WILL NOT be cool and you CANNOT MAKE ME have fun. :|

I avoided an auction today where a "Lot" of bikes was being sold, turns out my friend's girlfriend bought it for us. 40 bikes for $16. I think I'm going to be in trouble.

I was about to click "Submit" and thought "Why did I post this here?" Then I remembered:

slowriderz said:
"space consuming garbage" that my wife can complain about! :roll:

Peatbog said:
slowriderz said:
I plan to just build a bike. maybe i suppose. either way I will have fun in my own world and create more "space consuming garbage" that my wife can complain about! :roll:
I'm with you!
kingfish254 said:

This is the best philosophy. I snagged my signature line from Double Nickle a few years ago.
Double Nickle- " All I'm planing on doing is building a awesome bike for me to ride...."

Noticed the other page was locked :lol: I find it kind of funny how so many questions come from an online build-off...not like we're winning a million bucks :mrgreen:

Now...to find a frame (HEY UNCLE STRETCH hint, hint)??? :p

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Noticed the other page was locked :lol: I find it kind of funny how so many questions come from an online build-off...not like we're winning a million bucks :mrgreen:
Wait, we're not? :shock: Man that changes a lot for me.

I enjoyed everyones build threads last year room foeld bouar,there should be room for all...
I dont cut up here much,nothing like i do on my other forums....
Mainly because i'm not witty enough to be real funny unless i can cuss...!!!!!

slowriderz said:
I plan to just build a bike. maybe i suppose. either way I will have fun in my own world and create more "space consuming garbage" that my wife can complain about! :roll:

My thoughts exactly, especially the wife part! :lol: :mrgreen: I have built a bike in the last two build offs. Both times I built something I think is cool. I have never expected to win, or been dissapointed with not placing in the top ranks. The end result was a build that I was happy with & proud of!

Here is the first prize to go into the RRBBO8 Prize Pot. Maybe first place in the Classic class, or some other category I make up.

WP_001286.jpg

yoothgeye said:
That's sweet.

I bought a couple when the SBC had their Bike Valet setup at this weekends free concert in the park.

Hi everyone sorry I haven't checked in for a while, been really busy with motorcycle stuff lately. I got my tires & wheels picked out. Now I just gotta decide which fork to use & which bike to build;
a. super slick candy painted lowrider
low_zpsdd7c5064.jpg

b. gnarly in your face chopper
chop_zps39e3ff28.jpg

Gonna be fun either way.
Peace Y'all

Go Chopper!

yoothgeye said:
kingfish254 said:
Go Chopper!

No! Go klunker!

Wait... that wasn't an option... GO KLUNKER ANYWAY!

Do ALL 3! Go Low rider/ Klunker/ chopper.....A Low Klopper. Fat knobby tires, gears, raked out, long fork, candy paint, and sitting two inches from the ground.

I have my wife´s new bike on hold since early January 2012, I´m gonna use the buildoff deadline to finish it.
And the price will be the smile on her face :D

outskirtscustoms said:
yoothgeye said:
kingfish254 said:
Go Chopper!

No! Go klunker!

Wait... that wasn't an option... GO KLUNKER ANYWAY!

Do ALL 3! Go Low rider/ Klunker/ chopper.....A Low Klopper. Fat knobby tires, gears, raked out, long fork, candy paint, and sitting two inches from the ground.

Me Likey! :shock:

Back