Lost in the woods

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I'm lost and confused. I need a little help. I plan on mounting a thick brick on a rim I just picked up. The tire dimensions are 24" x 1.95" as stated on the sidewall. The rim physically measures 1". Yes or no is a thick brick going to mount up of should I toss this rim in the parts pile ? Sorry if this is a rookie question.
Mike

Wow! Just returned from my 800 plus mile trip to and from Buffalo to find two thumbs up responses to my dilemma and no naysayers. If I was the hat wearing type,you gentleman would see me tipping it as a show of my gratitude .
Mike

Following up here. All the advise was .... on. Mounted up the brick and aired to 35psi for a perfect fit. I was so concerned with the thick brick I neglected to ask if the quick brick would mount up on a 26" rim with the same 1" bead area? Half way out of the woods.

As an example guys stretch 26×2.125 tires on wide 80mm rims all the time

Thanks once again. I'm off in search of cheap parts. Not quality, just price. Hopefully I can figure out how to post pics when all is said and done. For what it's worth, with that rim that Thick Brick measured 2-5/8" at its widest point allowing me to "not molest" a very nice Westfield frame in order to make it fit.
Mike

Following up here. All the advise was .... on. Mounted up the brick and aired to 35psi for a perfect fit. I was so concerned with the thick brick I neglected to ask if the quick brick would mount up on a 26" rim with the same 1" bead area? Half way out of the woods.

Yes, should work just as well.

Back