Low and Slow Boardwalk Cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
After the long Jersey winter has finally ended, the build off has begun. This is my first "expensive" all at once build. By that I mean my goal was to spare no expense on this build. I'm sixteen years old and after spending three summers working multiple jobs, three years working as a bicycle mechanic at a bike rental, I am finally able to build my "Dream Bike." Coming from a BMX background and moving into the cruiser world I decided I would mix a little of both into this bike. I apologize for posting most of the build all at once but, homework and Boyscouts limit my free time to keep a running build. The goal for the build was to incorporate rat rod style, chopper style, bmx, and whatever else I find cool.
The frame I chose is a Micargi GTS in a high gloss black

The front end was going to be massive bars, a Verde BMX stem, and Fito triple tree forks

First mockup while still waiting on parts

About a week later my 3G Santa Cruz Rims had arrived

On the rims I stretched 2.125" Duro Whitewalls to the width of the rims (really surprised it worked)

Gotta go now I'll finish putting up the rest of the pictures later, leave you in suspense.

Welcome to RRB and the build off!!

For the drivetrain I joined together two Cult 410 chains, used a Mojo Fixie crankset, united PC pedals, and a square taper American Bb from Porkchop BMX. It's geared with a 2:1 gearing witch fits the riding position and laidback style of the bike nicely.

So when I ordered the frame I misunderstood how the company measured their frames, so for now I'm running a 1" springer fork with a threaded headset, until I can get my hands on a 1" steer tube for the other forks
First ride

sweet ride

Back