Lowlife trike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like them but I have no idea where to start could use some help :). Wink wink lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:21: I may well be starting on mine tomorrow if the weather and my health holds...

Luke.

What do you mean by blade ?

Look at a knife blade and think of that as how the fork legs would be formed. Instead of round fork legs like on many bikes these days they would be like the old Schwinn solid forks. From the front the legs look thin and from the side they are thick, but tappers down thinner at where the wheel bolts on.

Look at a knife blade and think of that as how the fork legs would be formed. Instead of round fork legs like on many bikes these days they would be like the old Schwinn solid forks. From the front the legs look thin and from the side they are thick, but tappers down thinner at where the wheel bolts on.
That would look good but some how I've got to mount 2 bearings on the forks so the axel with move with the wheel

Look at how this is done on unicycles and kiddie tricycles.
Yeah I've been looking around a lot and I'm going to use a 10mm fixed front axel and 2. 10 mm pillow block bearings bolted on to my fork legs then my crank arms on the wheel axel going throw the bearings :)

Forks forks forks .....
za7y6yze.jpg

3u6yjepa.jpg

duvu5ysa.jpg

My forks legs are done tomorrow night I'll cut the triple tree clamp bits and the next day I'll weld it all up
Need to get my sleep tonight going to the doctors tomorrow morning :/

Now we know why your building a trike. You want to ride at the same level as your boy!!
Great pic of your wife (and boy).

Now we know why your building a trike. You want to ride at the same level as your boy!!
Great pic of your wife (and boy).

You got it kingfish254
Wen the build off is finished I've got plans to make a mini one for him wen he get hear
Or if I finish my build before the finish I'll start his :D

My forks are coming along nicely I had some time I thought I didn't have before work so I done the bottom tree
dedatupu.jpg
I'm going to round off the corners
This is what it looks like from the front !
ehy9utu3.jpg

It will be 6 inch is in the middle of the top and bottom tree

Filled the top of my fork legs
e7e8egam.jpg

Taped 8 mm bolts so it holds down the top plate ;)

How my forks are looking now
8ypedybe.jpg

They still need to be welded up but the hard parts done. I'm going to round everything off in the morning but I'm done for the night
Over and out ...

Latest posts

Back