Lowlife trike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I've done nothing for a week now
Tonight I've got my strap ready to cut up for my seat belt
bepa2avy.jpg

I've got my new bearings I'll have a pic later could be rolling by next week :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Need something to to get me back in to the building mood
Working 16hr shifts at work is killing me I keep looking at my trike planing to do stuff but I just don't have the time :(

Thats where the pace of modern life can be a ball ache! Try and take inspiration from other builds for motivation and drive. You'll get there in the end. Keep your chin up mate.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Thats where the pace of modern life can be a ball ache! Try and take inspiration from other builds for motivation and drive. You'll get there in the end. Keep your chin up mate.

Thanks big red.
I'm going to try and do somthing today I don't start work till 8 so might bring the trike in the house and mock everything up bolt my bars on line the seat up I'll have some pics later keep watching :)

Right just got home from work and I've done my front wheel just waiting on bearings to mount it :)
y4asebyr.jpg

ehu9a9eq.jpg

Yes it's fixed so I can reverse lol ;).

Also fitted my bars
I'm sorry Luke I tyred the bars the right way up just didn't like them I think they look a lot better like this :)
u2aqu5ar.jpg

y8a5ehuj.jpg

y3e7e8u5.jpg

2emanypy.jpg

Hopefully I'll get my seat painted today and the holes drilled to mount it
Then all that's left on the list is bearings
Paint and wrap the frame
Bolt the seat on
Light ?
Bolt the front wheel on
And all the little bits that make it lol

Let me know what you think : D

Cannot wait to see this built. I would personally add a retro light of some sort. Maybe even try and find a cheap Bates style headlamp.

Cannot wait to see this built. I would personally add a retro light of some sort. Maybe even try and find a cheap Bates style headlamp.

That's what I was thinking I've seen a really nice one but I'm going to keep looking for a cheap one lol

Thanks big red

Looks good, can't wait to see it rolling!

Luke.
Thanks Luke
I'm getting my bearings from work and every time they say they have got some they don't fit so I'm going to get my own of ebay. So it should be in July she will be rolling
I'm going to do everything so bolting the bearings on is the last thing :)

Ok just ordered my front wheel bearings
ahyre3uq.jpg

Should look ok on the back of the forks I don't want them on the front cos they look a bit out of place.
But I don't want my front wheel to far back and look like I drove it in to a wall so I'll have a look now they look wen I get them and still and tap the holes
They will be hear on the 26th

I ordered some pillow blocks for my jackshaft. I had seen them used but was blown away by the large size when they arrived. I find now that after a little adjustment they work better than previously thought. Hope your installation goes smooth with them. They seem bullet proof. Your build is looking good.

I ordered some pillow blocks for my jackshaft. I had seen them used but was blown away by the large size when they arrived. I find now that after a little adjustment they work better than previously thought. Hope your installation goes smooth with them. They seem bullet proof. Your build is looking good.
Thanks mate
Yeah I've seen use them at work but there really big like 40 mm
That's why I wanted then mounted on the back of my forks not the front cos there big a bulky

I think I would personally go with some bearing that press tight into a sleeve or clamshell bolt on.
The bearings I've got will be a tight fit on my axel and there's clamps that will hold it tight on there and bolt on to my forks they will be good ;)

Got my webbing to wrap my frame in it looks really cool from far looks copper / gold
But wen it's close up it's little lines lol
usysa6yp.jpg
4y8a4u9u.jpg

Back