Max size of tire in a Schwinn Jaguar/Corvette

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have seen 2.125 tires squeezed into those frames but you will not be able to run fenders. some 2.125 tires are more narrow such as the felt quick brick. if you are still using the schwinn wheels you have to use the schwinn size tires. but you can get 26x2x1 3/4 tires which are thicker than the originals

I'm not gonna use fenders :lol:

Hm, I wanted to use Schwalbe Fat Frank Tires on my frame,
but they are 2.235 wide.
Gonna use some MTBwheels.

Here in Europe it's almost impossible to find cream balloontires, except
the Schwalbe's.

The 2.125 white balloontires can't be found/bought in Europe :cry:
And buying a set in the States would be way too expensive, looking
at the shippingcosts. :cry:

those fat frank tires will NOT fit sorry. they barely fit in my fat tire schwinn frame. also if you were thinking of getting the "white" ones they are not white at all. when i first heard rumblings about them i called the company and got one of the first sets in the usa for the lucky 7. the size is cool they are fat but the color is more flesh like than cream or white, and they say schwabe and FAT FRANK on huge letters on them. i still think the felt tires are the best looking and worth the money if you can find them.

yes as you have seen. the one trick can be trying to get a hold of a set as they are out of stock as far as i know right now.

typhoon

I have a 1965 typhoon that had s7 wheels. and I put s2s on it with the stock org. fenders. and the s2s have dart lighting tires on them they are 26x2.125 and no tire rub close fit though. t/y Tony 8)

Re: typhoon

tnt1 said:
I have a 1965 typhoon that had s7 wheels. and I put s2s on it with the stock org. fenders. and the s2s have dart lighting tires on them they are 26x2.125 and no tire rub close fit though. t/y Tony 8)

Good to know, I have the same exact bike, year as well.

I kick myself everytime now when I think of this guy was selling a phantom wheelset for 40 bucks at a local bike swap meet! All they needed was a little elbow grease and they would've been good to go! I paid 65 for an s-7 wheelset about a week later ( I didn't have enough money on me at the swap meet to buy those, d'oh!)

Latest posts

Back