May God rest his soul!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A sad day today ....a hero of mine as a kid....has passed on

Evel Knievel has passed onto the great jump in the sky :( As a kid I set many a jumps in his honnour trying to take my Mustang higher and farther :mrgreen: ....(even though it was only a foot... I can tell you, it sure felt like ten!) :wink: :mrgreen:

I'm sure the big guy in the sky has a few things for you to jump up there!

art.evel.knievel.obit.gi.jpg

FW

Re: My God rest his soul!

WOW-that bums me out! :cry: Just read a great article in this or lasts months Maxim and knew he was'nt in good health.GODSPEED EVIL! :wink:
l8 em

Yes sad day. It is pretty amazing he even tried to make the jump across the Snake River Canyon. That canyon is huge in real life.

Yes, its sad. And to think that today at an estate sale I bought a 1971 move poster "EVEL KNIEVEL" starring George Hamilton and Sue Lyons. As the poster quotes Evel "I just take that bike up there and hope it all works out everytime I jump.....heck, I'm the best....the last of the daredevils....and my death--IT WILL BE GLORIOUS!". Then I come home, get on the net and first thing I see is Evel Knievel died. bizzar. Im sure it was glorious. Dangerous Dan

SAD DAY! I remember going to a local Civic Center to watch the Snake River Canyon jump live on closed circuit TV, thousands were there. The tremendous "G" force pulled his arm back, which was holding the parachute release. Therefore releasing the chute prematurely. Bottom line, he had absolutely no idea if that stunt would work or not. But he STILL pulled the cork on that rocket! He had " BIG ones!"

:( Rest in peace EK. As a kid, who didn't stack a bunch of cynder blocks on the sidewalk, place a long board on and take your bike to the other end of the block to get up speed and get AIR!!! Hours with friends trying to see who could jump farther. My yellow Stingray saw much of this abuse. We'd crash, land, chicken out, and do it all over again. Good times, THANK YOU Evil Knievil. Go jump your rat off something, I think there's some wood down the street! :mrgreen:

A true American icon! I have always felt honored to have stood in his presence as a kid. He crashed that day at the Oakland Colliseum and broke his ankle. Then he grabbed a walking stick and still signed autographs for his fans!! I will treasure the memory and poster as long as I live. R.I.P. Evel you earned it Dude! Later & PEACE!!! :cry:

Oh yeah...I built many a cinder block jump and tried my hardest to be Evel on my Sting Ray. We would look all over town for cool stuff to jump over, just like Evel. I remember one time we found a concrete drainage ditch that was maybe 3 feet wide, and full of slime. That became our biggest challenge for awhile, and I'm pretty sure we all ate it real good at least once before we cleared it. To a bunch of 11 and 12 year olds on Sting Rays and Murrays that was the Snake River canyon, the Caesars Palace fountain and a row of Greyhound buses all rolled into one.
Ride on wherever you are Evel...there will never be another like you.

Ok who all had the wind up Evil action figure on the motorcycle? Yeah I sure did, AND the costume. I would fly around on my Super Chief bike bought at Western Auto jumping everything that I could get the front tire over. Man this is a true Legend gone. :cry:

oh yeah!!!!!! the wind up evel knievel!!!!!!!! many a day spent bashing that thing around and trying to jump it over everything :mrgreen: :mrgreen: sad to see him gone

and yeah i was wondering what was with the first 2 also :shock:

Someone will have to explain how they pulled that off.

I'm looking at their source code and don't see anything that swaps images.

Back