(MBBO#05 Class 2) GET SMART!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This build is coming along well

If you were planning two wheels on the bar, I'd say 30-35, S you could ride on the three easily, possibly even stall and rest. But with the single, 20-25 looks about right. Can't stall, else will fall over anyhow.

I like to ride high on the front when wheelie-ing. Every time I ride "in violet", I forget and drag the bumpers when I wheelie up..

go with the 30 :) ... here's another pic, one of my all time fave bike shots that rotates on my descktop, cool bike and major wheelie.
maxresdefault.jpg

go with the 30 :) ... here's another pic, one of my all time fave bike shots that rotates on my descktop, cool bike and major wheelie.
maxresdefault.jpg
That is a lot of angle!
You might need a back rest TRM!

Luke.

that wheelie bar looks awesome ! you really have a vision for creating beautiful lines :rockout:

maxresdefault.jpg
haha Sick !!!!!!!!! with that kind of angle she can probably even pull a burnout while doing a wheelie :rockout:

I think with the 30, you might be able to pull up on the bars and rest the CG between the wheelie wheel and the rear wheel--slight with short forward and she will rock back down.

I think with the 30, you might be able to pull up on the bars and rest the CG between the wheelie wheel and the rear wheel--slight with short forward and she will rock back down.

Like Chief says you need to be able to rock back far enough to get your weight beyond the center line of the rear axle so you can ride it on the wheelie bar.

You might be able to hold on to something and kind of play around with the angle to see what might work. Kind of like leaning back in a chair and balancing.

Love the innovation that is also aesthetically so pleasing. And put me down for 30 degrees.

furyus

Thanks everyone for the input. I'll probably try to hit somewhere in the middle and see how it works. The wheel will have a mount that will bolt in place so if the angle turns out wrong, I will have the option of making a different bracket to relocate it.

I finally started mounting the bars today. I didn't take time for more pictures as I was working on it, but here's one. I'll get more later.
101_2065.jpg

That reminds me, I still need to find a 24" ducktail fender.:arghh:
A few choices on ebay. How about bobbing a full fender?You could do a custom angle to match the lines of the bike.

Carl.

Thanks for the tips y'all. Good idea Carl on bobbing if I can't find a suitable duck tail.

Got the wheel brackets done. It turned out to be very simple. Just a piece of flat stock with a tube welded on the end for a 1/4" bolt to pass through.
getsmart1.jpg

Back