MBBO#3 the drawing board

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Luke, I think that big chopper has disc brakes. You can see the cables and in the first pic, I looks like it's right by that dudes knee. Either way it's pretty cool, I saw it posted before by Kingfish, and thought it looked like something you would build!
Kfish, you miss Fugsley? I know you still got a few cool bikes (you buildin' a Muscle bike?), but that kinda tall ride must have been fun.

Carl

You are right that he had disc brakes. He made the rotors out of saw blades.

Sometimes I'll miss Fugsley, but not the space it took up. I had my fair share of fun on that bike.

Combined the two ideas into one, now it is a cantilever style frame, but with the proportions of the short one.

14959472702_0dbc2e12de_z.jpg

Thoughts?

Luke.

yeah! that's cool...
I was bored today...
Lifted this idea from Gaskill.

Squeeze a handbrake, bike goes honk! o_O

Carl.

thars gold in dem far old rrb pages!

Thanks, those apes are one of the "for sure" things on this build. I'm going for an "Alien" look, and it frees up room for a set of old stem mount shifters to be the centerpiece... I'm probably stuck buying a disc brake, the original rim brake mount is in the chain line. Better brakes I suppose...

Carl.

Last edited:
So I picked up the bike I would like to use but its spray bombed black... Would it count against me is I started stripping it so I can inspect the frame

So I picked up the bike I would like to use but its spray bombed black... Would it count against me is I started stripping it so I can inspect the frame
Doesn't sound like assembly to me...

Carl.

@bikebuilder sent me a message with some mock-up pics suggesting I should take on board the orange and build a mega Krate! So I took his drawings and combined them with mine for this mock-up:

14945786976_e8651b46c7_o.jpg

Luke.

Luke, Your design looks great! Here is another mock up with the jackshaft and a couple more krate-ish features and a little taller sissy bar to compliment the big apes. Thanks for letting me play around with your ideas.

lukeedit4_zps2bf05576.jpg

Luke, Your design looks great! Here is another mock up with the jackshaft and a couple more krate-ish features and a little taller sissy bar to compliment the big apes. Thanks for letting me play around with your ideas.

lukeedit4_zps2bf05576.jpg
Oh, yeah! I forgot the shifter on mine! Have to have that on the bike! Thanks for the ideas BB!

Luke.

Latest posts

Back