(MBBO#4 Class 1) Cheap Trill

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As I said in my other post I must be a little Nuts to start a second bike, but I am like a kid with a new toy and when I get a good deal too, I cannot help myself. So about 4 weeks ago I went past a local bike show and swap and came upon this December 65 Stingray Frame, Fork, And Guard combo sitting on a table for $30. The frame was already stripped, primed, smoothed, and ready for paint, the fork and guard need work, so my decession, GOTTA HAVE IT!!!

Plan for now with this one is to build it for the mostly with parts I currently have laying around. Such as with this wheel set, I took this off another bike I stripped. The rims are excellent, chrome is nice and tires are good just need some cleaning. The spoke pattern is neat also as they are offset from each other.

This is where the name came from Cheap Thrill!

As of the writing of this I am prepping the parts for paint found a cool green at work I want to try out, hopefully have some pics of this later.

Thanks,
Here is a couple pics of the now painted frame and guard, the forks are also done but not in the pic. I went with a bright metallic green, pic does not show this very well. But it does look good, in the sunlight it looks more bright and in the shade more like the old Schwinn Campus Green.

I am hoping tonight to get the decals on and later this week to clear coat it.

Sweeeet. Looking good

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Thanks, the paint really laid well. Shot it in my garage, was going to work outside but Mother Nature said No Way. Will need to build my painting station inside again I think when I shoot "The Wraith" weather getting to iffy and the leaves are really starting to fall now.

Worked on the decals used the water transfer type, overall this went well. Gave them overnight to dry and shot the bike with clear coat the next day after work.
Here are a few pics about an hour after the clear was applied.

it so cool, I love me some sting ray

I love that green! I tried to do Campus Green on my Monster Ray. I bought the paint from Pete in the spray can. But I think I laid it on too think and it shows a little more emerald, where as Campus shows a little more gold.

The was a Hardware Store Krylon Spraypaint product, the stuff is cool in a shaded area or low light it looks campus green, in the sunlight it looks more lime green. Started assembly I will post some pics in a bit.

That color is going to make this bike stand out in the crowd! Seat, grips, etc...white?

Basically together, minus a little tuning and adjusting and adding some reflectors. Went with the white import seat as again this is a "cheap thrill"(LOL) had a set of brighter sparkle green Schwinn handgrips I have been looking to use on something so I gave them a shot. Staying Fenderless like the look and attitude of the bike that way.
Will post more detailed pics once I get the little stuff done and take it for a spin, definitely looking forward to that!

What kind of rear tire is on it? I like the squared off knobbys like that. You have made a great looking bike! The paint is Awesome. You could pass it off for two different bikes with the sunshine and shade pics.

Latest posts

Back